Forums de discussion

Browser error messages with 5.2.3

G V G, modifié il y a 14 années.

Browser error messages with 5.2.3

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 22/10/09 Publications récentes
env: Tomcat 6.0.20, Linux, PostgreSQL 8.3, Firefox 3.0.14

when entering Control Panel->My account and make changes like in the name of the user and try to save them, no action takes place. Instead, the Firefox error console displays a whole bunch of errors:

jQuery is not defined
Liferay.Util is undefined
Liferay.Portlet is undefined
Liferay.Class is not a constructor
Liferay.Session is undefined
submitForm is not defined

The same behaviour appears in the Liferay-Tomcat 6.0.18 bundle!

Thanks

Tony
G V G, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Browser error messages with 5.2.3

New Member Publications: 13 Date d'inscription: 22/10/09 Publications récentes
should be a generic problem. Regardless what I try to execute, nothing happens! Tomcat log doesn't show any errors. Am I the only one facing that problem?

Thanks

Tony
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Browser error messages with 5.2.3

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
It's not one I've seen before. And we run some pretty esoteric OS/browser combos here.... Have you tried restarting Liferay? If you have not added any users, that should fix it.

A few notes -

test@liferay.com is the default omni-admin and if it gets deleted, it will cause the whole database to be flushed and reinstalled.

I strongly recommend that you do NOT tinker in the database. A lot of what goes on with the application isn't reflected in the database including many of the primary key assignments. Counter-intuitive as it is, It is all handled in the application code for Liferay. Nor is that something you can easily replicate using a script.