Forums de discussion

Web Content Display Configuration Search

Richard W Crowe, modifié il y a 14 années.

Web Content Display Configuration Search

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 16/01/09 Publications récentes
I am using version 5.2.2 and finding that the search function on the Web Content Display Configuration will only display the content for the Organization in which the page resides. I know under prior versions back when it was called the Journal Display I could choose content from any journal as long as I had authority to it. I would think the intention is for the web content display to work the same way else why include “My Places” on the search. Does anyone know how to get this to work?
Eugene Hourany, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Web Content Display Configuration Search

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 14/10/09 Publications récentes
I'm also using 5.2.2 and would like to customize the search results so they can display information only by a particular search field. For example, if I want an "Expertise" search so I can find someone's expertise, assuming the users have that field filled out somewhere on their profile, it should be able to find those particular people by their skill sets (HR, Finance, Web Developer, PM, etc).

I'm also disappointed that Liferay does not come out of the box with any customization for the header and menubar. I'd like to see a search bar planted in the area near or next to the logo, for example. I can't do this right now.

Eugene
Richard W Crowe, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 16/01/09 Publications récentes
If I am understanding you want to have additional search criteria added to the Directory portlet. The issue I am having is with the Web Content Display portlet configuration not allowing other organizations or communities to be displayed using the advance search feature of the configuration screen.

You are correct that Liferay does not come out of the box with many things but having used it for the past 5 years I can tell you there is not much that can not be done using the theme and layout plugins. If you look at https://mycampusweb.capecod.edu/web/guest/home you can see that we have a search in the header.
Eugene Hourany, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 14/10/09 Publications récentes
That might be the issue.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two search fields that come available out of the box. One says it does web content search, but so far, using it has yielded no search results, and I have a ton of web content up right now. The other has too many search options (like searching by blog, category, tags, directory, etc).

I'm just wanting a simple search field that accomplishes what I described before. Whether it's a web content display search field or a regular search field is immaterial so long as it works somehow, and right now I'm fresh out of ideas on how to get that working other than to experiment with tags (and I'm not even sure what they do).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eugene

P.S. I saw your site with the search field in the header. Did you do that using Liferay? Unfortunately, we don't have any additional SDK's installed, and getting them installed is still an ongoing process.