Forums de discussion

LifeRay plugin

thumbnail
chandan B, modifié il y a 9 années.

LifeRay plugin

Junior Member Publications: 64 Date d'inscription: 06/08/14 Publications récentes
Hi, I Have developed a portal and i want to publish it on the market place. I don't know how to make my newly developed portal as a plugin Please help.
Thanks
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: LifeRay plugin

Liferay Legend Publications: 14915 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
you can't. the marketplace is for plugins. a 'portal' has content, context, users, etc. those things are not published in the marketplace.
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1228 Date d'inscription: 14/04/08 Publications récentes
At the moment the only way to do it is to make a plugin which for example will behave like a portlet, with the button 'Install'.
But then on 'Install' click this portlet would have to do all the installation of your custom portal automatically.

We have similar challenges for installation of Liferay-based ready-to-go business components, such as various HR Modules (eRecruitment, Employee Performance Review portals), Online Customer Support/Tickets, etc which are represented as portal instances with own hierarchy of roles, pages, custom portlet installations, etc. (Using in-built LAR import/export facility proved to be useless for such purpose even in EE environment).

You cannot publish complex business modules on Marketplace, however creating a custom auto-installation portlet might address this requirement.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14915 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Yep, Victor knows his stuff, but even then I think he'll tell you he doesn't try to load a portal, just relevant data for the modules he and his team have created.
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 64 Date d'inscription: 06/08/14 Publications récentes
I have also generated the war file for the same as well, But i'm not able to install it. Like other war files that i have installed i copy it to webapps folder in tomcat and run on a browser as http://localhost:8080/example It shows an error as: The requested resource was not found. 404 Error in tomcat serverr as well. Please help.
thumbnail

have also generated the war file for the same as well, But i'm not able to install it. Like other war files that i have installed i copy it to webapps folder in tomcat and run on a browser as http://localhost:8080/example It shows an error as: The requested resource was not found. 404 Error in tomcat serverr as well. Please help.