Forums de discussion

Restrict access to page of site

thumbnail
Manish Jha, modifié il y a 9 années.

Restrict access to page of site

Junior Member Publications: 50 Date d'inscription: 07/02/13 Publications récentes
Let us assume i have two user group. FullAccess and PartialAccess. We have one site HR with pages like employee detail, paycheck, vacation and appraisal.

All user belongs to FullAccess group should be able to see all the page in HR site. However, PartialAccess group should see only detail, vacation pages.

I can enroll FullAccess group as part of HR site. Then how to configure PartialAccess group for their access ?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Restrict access to page of site

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
1. Keep in mind that protecting pages does just that: It protects the page (not the application). If you protect your page, somebody might still be able to add your paycheck application to an unprotected page and access it.

2. For reasons outlined in 1, make sure that only your "FullAccess" group has permissions on your restricted applications

3. In the page management UI you can find the page permissions, where you can configure who has access to an individual page. Do this last. The only purpose of this is to make the page navigation sensible for all the other permissions, configured earlier. Without step 3, unprivileged users might still see the pages, but they'll be empty as they're not allowed to see the applications located on them.
thumbnail
Manish Jha, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 50 Date d'inscription: 07/02/13 Publications récentes
Thanks for the reply.

we can restrict access to individual page using role only and not by user group.

Do I need to create a separate roles for groups ?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 9 années.

RE: Restrict access to page of site (Réponse)

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
All permissions in Liferay are tied to roles. So you'll need to have a separate role, yes. You can make your usergroup member of the role. Or use a team, which is almost like a role, just limited to a single site. This keeps the scope small and might improve maintainability
Vinay J, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 23/11/16 Publications récentes
I am facing similar issue .
I logged in as admin and I have created new site site under organization org1, assigned the users user1 to it. Is there a way to restrict the same site should not be available to admin of other organization org2 ?
I tried to create private/restricted site under org1 but its still appearing for the org2. Is there a way to restrict the site1 should not be available to Org2.
Second issue, is there a way to restrict the users existing under org1 should not be available to admin of org2.