Forums de discussion

Exception thrown when trying to create a page template

David Jefferson, modifié il y a 14 années.

Exception thrown when trying to create a page template

New Member Publications: 22 Date d'inscription: 06/09/09 Publications récentes
Posted this a couple of days ago on the Users message board but haven't seen any response yet, maybe this is an installation, configuration issue that someone else has run into...

I'm trying the out of the box demo version of 5.2.3 on Resin (no edits or changes of any kind). Running against hsqldb that comes with the demo.

Logged in as portal admin (bruno@7cogs.com). I create a community and/or a user group and select the "Manage Pages" action so that I can create a page template for the group. When I'm forwarded to the next page I see the control panel in the usual place on the left side of the page, the page header, but I do not see any way to create a page template, in the place where the admin portal doc shows the tabs that should be present (admin portal doc page 94) I see nothing.

In the shell that is running the app I see the following exception being thrown... is this an installation/configuration problem or am I missing something?

14:13:48,346 ERROR [IncludeTag:79] Current URL /group/control_panel/manage?p_p_id=127&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&doAsGroupId=16&refererPlid=10172&_127_struts_action=%2Fenterprise_admin_user_groups%2Fedit_pages&_127_redirect=http%3A%
F%2Flocalhost%3A8080%2Fgroup%2Fcontrol_panel%2Fmanage%3Fp_p_id%3D127%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dmaximized%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26doAsGroupId%3D16%26refererPlid%3D10172%26_127_struts_action%3D%252Fenterprise_admin_user_groups%252Fview%26_127_tabs1%3Dus
r-groups%26_127_tabs2%3D%26_127_tabs3%3D%26_127_cur%3D1%26_127_delta%3D20%26_127_keywords%3D%26_127_advancedSearch%3Dfalse%26_127_andOperator%3Dtrue%26_127_name%3D%26_127_description%3D%26_127_orderByCol%3Dname%26_127_orderByType%3Dasc&_127_groupId=11406
enerates exception: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
14:13:48,753 ERROR [IncludeTag:165] java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at _jsp._html._taglib._ui._tabs._start__jsp._jspService(_start__jsp.java:642)
at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:61)
at com.caucho.jsp.Page.pageservice(Page.java:587)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilter(PageFilterChain.java:195)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFilter(DispatchFilterChain.java:97)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:265)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:504)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:368)
at com.liferay.taglib.util.ParamAndPropertyAncestorTagImpl.include(ParamAndPropertyAncestorTagImpl.java:148)
at com.liferay.taglib.ui.TabsTag.doStartTag(TabsTag.java:143)
at _jsp._html._portlet._communities._edit_0pages__jsp._jspService(_edit_0pages__jsp.java:2411)
at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:61)
at com.caucho.jsp.Page.pageservice(Page.java:587)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilter(PageFilterChain.java:195)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFilter(DispatchFilterChain.java:97)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:265)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:504)
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Exception thrown when trying to create a page template

Liferay Master Publications: 993 Date d'inscription: 27/04/07 Publications récentes
Hi David,

Are you able to reproduce the issue?

For the following forum post, too,

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/4019181

This would be a bug, but we need to reproduce it.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets
David Jefferson, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 22 Date d'inscription: 06/09/09 Publications récentes
Right, the other post on Users forum was also me.

As far as reproducing the behavior I would say yes I can reproduce it in that I don't observe any behavior other than what I described ;-)

I've attached a word doc that has screenshots of the Communities page and the page I see if I select the "Manage Page" action.

I'm using the 5.2.3 bundle for Resin, no mods of any kind, I just unpacked the bundle and run "java -jar resin-3.1.8/lib/resin.jar start", app comes up fine and seems to be behaving.

login as bruno@7Cogs.com

Create a community called "CSR" and try to go to "Manage Pages", I see the same behavior if I try the Guest community.

Getting the same ArrayIndexOutOfBounds exception each time.

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 993 Date d'inscription: 27/04/07 Publications récentes
Hi David, thank you.

It should be a bug related to Resin. Could you please do a favor?

1) shutdown the portal
2) remove sample data (remove sevencogs-hook and sevencogs-theme)
3) clean database;
4) restart the portal and test the same scenario.

It seems that it is working well in Tomcat.

Thanks

Jonas Yuan
Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development
Liferay Portal Enterprise Intranets