Forums de discussion

web servers

thumbnail
vaseem bari ., modifié il y a 14 années.

web servers

Junior Member Publications: 86 Date d'inscription: 26/03/08 Publications récentes
Dear all,

If i have more than 50 users at the same time , can any body suggest which liferay bundle will be good choice
I mean , tomcat / jboss / glassfish . Can i know what is the criteria to chose any kind of server.

Thanks in advance
Vaseem Bari
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: web servers

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
Unless you need *JBOSS* for some reason, I wouldn't worry about that bundle at all. It's running Liferay on top of JBOSS which is, in turn, running on Tomcat. IMHO, if you don't need it, then its just unnecessary overhead and complicates getting things set up and running.

The rest (Glassfish, Jetty, Tomcat, etc.) are just a matter of personal preference. I will say that I've had good luck with the tomcat6 bundles. I think that the tomcat stuff is better documented, too.
thumbnail
vaseem bari ., modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 86 Date d'inscription: 26/03/08 Publications récentes
Thanks a lot,

I have one more small concern with tomcat, some time some pages or some links don't
disappear from the jsp page. I mean after changing the codes also that will not reflect in the jsp,
If i delete the contents of work folder in the tomcat, then the changes apply,

Is there any programing problem are any solution is there for this problem.
is it wrong to delete the contents of work folder in tomcat ? if no is there any scheduling method to do
this work

Thanks and Rgds
Vaseem Bari
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
if you're on a *nix box, you can always run CRON to do that for you. There's probably a Windoze equivalent out there but frankly, it's hard to beat *nix for server functionality.