Forums de discussion

Custom Attributes for Users -> Create Account page

Mouli K, modifié il y a 14 années.

Custom Attributes for Users -> Create Account page

Junior Member Publications: 32 Date d'inscription: 10/06/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

We do not have a field like SSN as one of the User Information field in Control Panel. I can add it as a Custom Attribute. Now user have to create an account and go to 'My Account' link in Dock and provide this information.
I may want my portal users to provide SSN during their account creation.

It would be a great feature if there is a checkbox "Copy this attribute as a field in Create Account page" while adding a custom attribute; and once checked, it has to create this attribute (for example, SSN) in Create Account page as a field.

This will help customize User Registration section without having to modify its code. It also helps to maintain User Information effectively.

Hope this feature request is taken up. Thanks.

Regards,
Mouli
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Custom Attributes for Users -> Create Account page

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
I love this. It would make it uber-simple to get what you need about people.

Even better would be if you could pick which fields you want for a given community.

For a someone registering for a seminar, I might want one set of information and maybe even some demographic stuff.

However, I'm going to want something totally different for a new employee.

And I'm going to want a third set of stuff for someone that I'm hiring to come and give the seminar.