Forums de discussion

Liferay Upgrade Problem

na na, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Upgrade Problem

Junior Member Publications: 94 Date d'inscription: 29/04/08 Publications récentes
I try to upgrade my liferay 5.1.2 to the latest 5.2.3. However I face a major problem, all my community disappear causing all my community pages inaccessible. Also I discover that all my documents in document library have permission access denied problem. Is there anyway to solve this problem?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Liferay Upgrade Problem

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
Sorry no help from me - I've just asked somebody to manually migrate content from 5.1.2 to 5.2.3 - for our amount of content it took half a day of monotone work (copy/paste) with the additional benefit to be able to change some formatting. I considered this upgrade path severely broken but haven't spent any effort on understanding the problems because I figured that manual migration would solve the problem in less time for us. That said, it might be that just the effect is severe but the cause is simple... I'm curious to see if there's a fix.

Junior Member Publications: 94 Date d'inscription: 29/04/08 Publications récentes
After the migration, the Community still exists in the system but it show didn't show up in My Places or Community portlet view all. When I try to Add community with the same name as before, it just gives me error and when I try to view the User details, I can still see those users roles have assign to that particular community. So is there any fix at all?

I try to read through the log file and found out that upgradeTags, addCommunityPermissions_1to5 and addVocabulary got NullPointerException error. Is there anyway to solve this? Or I need to use the manual method which run the scripts manually and then change the buildnumber?
Jerome Munchenberg, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 21/08/09 Publications récentes
I'm facing the same problem too after an upgrade from 5.1.2 to 5.2.3.
Any help appreciated!
Jyrate