Forums de discussion

Liferay 6.2 Issues with Internet Explorer 11

Rakesh Gupta, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay 6.2 Issues with Internet Explorer 11

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 19/07/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

We are running Liferay 6.2 and everything works well on Google Chrome. However we are facing several issues with Internet Explorer 11 Desktop Version on Windows 8.1

1. We add a web content portlet and click on add content. We notice that we cannot click anywhere on the content text area to get focus, but have to click very near the top left. Tabbing works, but clicking anywhere else on the text area will again cause it to loose focus.

2. Click on the image and a popup window appears, click browse server and the Image Properties popup opens. Select a folder and a file and nothing happens. In chrome the file will be select and the window closes. What we notice is the file is selected in the parent window, but the selector box does just does not close. Create folder and upload all works well. We can manually close the window. The preview is not loaded. Clicking on the OK or close on the Image Properties popup window also does not work. Even the cross (x) button pops a message and clicking ok does nothing and we are unable to exit this box at all. Only way is to reload the page and that erases everything.

Alternatively, we are also trying to use it in Windows Internet Explorer on the Windows 8.1 Modern UI, there are a lot more functions like selecting a site from the My Sites Menu that does not work. Anyone able to assist on how we can try and resolve these problems. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Liferay 6.2 Issues with Internet Explorer 11

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/04/11 Publications récentes
Hi Rakesh,

First of all, current version of Liferay 6.2 doesn't support IE11 since the release date for this new version of IE was really close to Liferay 6.2 CE release date.

However, the problem you are experiencing could be caused by this issue:
https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-43909

To confirm it, could you check if changing the IE user agent including the word "msie" (you can use IE developer tools for this) the problem is solved?

Thanks.

PS: This issue is currently fixed and it will included in the next 6.2 release.
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 549 Date d'inscription: 25/04/11 Publications récentes
Alberto Chaparro:
This issue is currently fixed and it will included in the next 6.2 release.

In a future release for 6.2, probably not the next one.

Cheers.
Rakesh Gupta, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 19/07/09 Publications récentes
Alberto Chaparro:
Alberto Chaparro:
This issue is currently fixed and it will included in the next 6.2 release.

In a future release for 6.2, probably not the next one.

Cheers.

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the reply. Have an urgent need to deploy Liferay 6.2 and the client is using Internet Explorer 11 heavily. I have downloaded 6.2 from source and the master trunk and compared them. There seems to be an enormous amount of changes. Is there a change log that describes what we can do to fix this.

What I have deduced from the links you provided is to replace this -
com.liferay.portal.servlet.BrowserSnifferImpl.parseVersion(String, String[], char[])

Replaced -
protected boolean isIe(String userAgent) {
if ((userAgent.contains("msie") || userAgent.contains("trident")) &&
!userAgent.contains("opera")) {

return true;
}

return false;
}

Would this be sufficient or is there a change log for this.

Thanks,
thumbnail

Hi Rakesh,

That is enough for the changes I mentioned but you have to take into account that Liferay 6.2 doesn't support IE11 as I said before so perhaps you will need to do you own modifications for that purpose.

Cheers.
thumbnail
Marije van den Boogaard, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 32 Date d'inscription: 16/02/12 Publications récentes
If I read the release notes:
Liferay Portal 6.2 CE GA2 March 2014

In this release Liferay refers to the support Matrix in which Internet Explorer 11 is on the list of Supported browsers
I'm running a portal with customer also running on IE11 and the Asset publishers and WCMD portlets are not working correct. There is no Theme, it is a clean Liferay install without any custom development.
The portlets cut of sentences and words making reading content difficult. No problems with Chrome/Safari and Firefox.
The other thing is that you are not able to upload a picture from the server, the screen crashes.

Any solutions for these 2 bugs?

Thanx
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Seems you are having this known issue:

https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-42804