Forums de discussion

Spectacularly Broken -- remove Liferay logo -- lose Control Panel settings

thumbnail
Chris Wirth, modifié il y a 14 années.

Spectacularly Broken -- remove Liferay logo -- lose Control Panel settings

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 08/05/09 Publications récentes
I tweaked the Jedi theme for my intranet using ViewDesigner. Exported the WAR for the theme, installed in LifeRay via plugin installation. Looks great.

By default the Jedi theme comes with the Liferay logo on the header. I made a custom header with my logo embedded so once the theme was installed, the LifeRay logo was still overlaying my new header logo.

I decided to go to Control Panel>Settings>Display and replace the LifeRay logo with a simple transparent gif that would cover the liferay logo... works like a charm.

Until... that is, you then navigate back to Control Panel>Settings only to find that the entire right sidebar of settings is completely gone!

Seriously, this is a joke, right? If I didn't have a backup of my database I would be completely screwed, because you can't restore those settings in the UI unless you restore the DB.

Any other idea to remove the LifeRay logo that *doesn't* completely break the admin UI.

Tsk, tsk...

I've reproduced this to a "T"... big fat bug!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Spectacularly Broken -- remove Liferay logo -- lose Control Panel setti

Liferay Legend Publications: 6403 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
What liferay version are you using?

Is it the HTML that's broken, so that the page cannot be rendered correctly? Does it work with other logos?

What's the filename or other settings there - when a page is un-renderable I sense some xss issues, e.g. if the filename contains "> (literally, quote + greater-than) or just a quote, this could be the issue.

Also, does this happen with all browsers? It might be some interpretation of the browser what's in that image... Can you upload the image here?
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 08/05/09 Publications récentes
Happens in 5.2.2 and 5.2.3 running on Tomcat 5.5

Everything about Liferay works fine, except, as mentioned, the settings right sidebar in Control Panel is gone.

I tried two file names for the invisible logo file:

vspacer.gif
chris.gif (enclosed)

In both case, when the file was uploaded via Control Panel>Settings>Display in place of the Liferay logo, a subsequent visit to Control Panel>Settings shows that the sub-settings on the right sidebar are gone leaving only a blue background box.

Happens with both browsers I use (ie7, FF3)

If I restore my DB to an instance before I replaced the liferay header image, then all is well.

Nutty!
Sam Wan, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 660 Date d'inscription: 03/03/09 Publications récentes
It is fine with me.
I opened your logo, it is big vertical white bar.
I could be wrong, because I didn't see anything there.
I also changed the logo, it doesn't screw up at all.

Here I attached is the snapshot of my liferay website Settting.
By the way, does anyone knows how to change the logo that appeared on the left-hand-side of the screen title "Control Panel" in this attachment?

Thanks
Sam
thumbnail

RESOLVED: remove Liferay logo -- lose Control Panel sett

I fixed this by making a change in the portal_normal.vm.

Look for logo.png.

-Chris
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: RESOLVED: remove Liferay logo -- lose Control Panel sett

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
Hey Chris,

What was the fix to this issue? Is this a bug in Liferay and needs to be checked into core? or was this a bug in your theme?
thumbnail

RE: RESOLVED: remove Liferay logo -- lose Control Panel sett

Well, Sam didn't have the issue -- so I'm guessing it's the modified Jedi theme that I'm using. Tho' it also happened with my Gulona theme as well.

The image is simply 1 px vertical line that's transparent.

I now realize that the code is "portal_normal.vm" is used to control that logo area. I simply reduced that area to 0x0px... however I also lose the link back to "home" in this workaround.

Most likely a bug in my theme mod -- thanks for the assistance ; )

-Chris