Forums de discussion

Standalone plug-in or Direct changes to ROOT portal?

thumbnail
Tyler Zhou, modifié il y a 14 années.

Standalone plug-in or Direct changes to ROOT portal?

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 30/04/09 Publications récentes
I am working with liferay communities functions, but seems there is miserable on how to solve the issue I faced.

I try to amend liferay based code for wiki, blog and message boards to adopt our requirements needs(most of the requirements is on UI design). But after deep consideration on the future upgrading, I decided to create our own message board plugin to liferay.

After the first round of amendment and try an error, found out there are too many changes is needed in liferay. For examples

1. Changes to the context, need to re-write JSP, properties files, and taglib

2. Changes to the STRUTS path on action, indexer, impl (this is needed as message_board struts path is specified in the properties file)

3. In order not to affect message boards on liferay itself, spring setup is needed.

4. Some API only available in Liferay ROOT context, and yet to figure it out how to do it and risk to access it.

5. Times is needed to test the application.

In order to make the plugin workable, it may consume a lot of time and effort. So I wish to know what is the best way on doing this?

1. Direct changes to liferay ROOT portal? How the upgrade carry on in future?

2. Create own plugin and inherits the functionalities? Any risk? And time needed?

3. Any other options?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Tyler Zhou, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Standalone plug-in or Direct changes to ROOT portal?

New Member Publications: 3 Date d'inscription: 30/04/09 Publications récentes
Any body tell me?