Forums de discussion

Whether Liferay & Afresco integration for EHR is still Needed?

John web, modifié il y a 10 années.

Whether Liferay & Afresco integration for EHR is still Needed?

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 04/01/14 Publications récentes
We wanted to few Basic EHR (Electronic Health record) feature into an existing web site....And as part of EHR features, we wanted to have this functionality built with online doc Appointment and notification, work flow based document sharing between patient & doc,,XML/SOAP based integration for 3rd party.
I was looking for Open source solution and during our initial analysis on various forum, I did find that Integrating Liferay for portal functionality along with Alfresco for DMS functionality would be ideal to the best out of two.

Also found some proposal on same::
http://www.cignex.com/articles/integrated-content-management-portal-based-alfresco-liferay

I'm not sure whether this analysis still holds good with latest release of Liferay or Afresco....Your thoughts please and suggestion....which Direction to go..
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Whether Liferay & Afresco integration for EHR is still Needed?

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
John web:

Also found some proposal on same::
http://www.cignex.com/articles/integrated-content-management-portal-based-alfresco-liferay
I'm not sure whether this analysis still holds good with latest release of Liferay or Afresco....Your thoughts please and suggestion....which Direction to go..

Hi John,

now the architecture is more CMIS based, so communication between Liferay and Alfresco is done by using that "standard".

Anyway, I gues you don't need all that infrastructure. Alfresco could be great if you need some of its features (and Liferay doesn't have), but I guess it isn't the case.

You can perfectly use built.-in document library, which have already worflow mechanisms for approval/deny etc even with (customizable) notifications. This built-in document library would let you add some metadata to your documents, and this can be very useful when implementing an EHR.

You can have other alternative to this and use Dynamic Data Lists, which are very flexible and lets you do many things (workflow included).
Abhed Dekavadiya, modifié il y a 7 années.

RE: Whether Liferay & Afresco integration for EHR is still Needed?

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 31/07/14 Publications récentes
Juan Gonzalez:

You can perfectly use built.-in document library, which have already worflow mechanisms for approval/deny etc even with (customizable) notifications. This built-in document library would let you add some metadata to your documents, and this can be very useful when implementing an EHR.

Though this is an old post, just adding related details, considering it could be helpful to others.

We have used Liferay's document library for document management for an EHR / EMR solution. We have the documents stored on Amazon S3 via Liferay's DL. We have leveraged Liferay Sync (DL API) for bulk document uploads for onboarding of a clinic. Please refer other use cases here: http://www.aimdek.com/case-studies/ambulatory-ehr-epm-system-based-on-cloud/