Forums de discussion

Would you go into intranet production with 5.2.3 SE

thumbnail
Chris Wirth, modifié il y a 14 années.

Would you go into intranet production with 5.2.3 SE

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 08/05/09 Publications récentes
I'm increasingly impressed with 5.2.2 which I've been demo'ing for about a month. I've got the Tomcat 5.5. version running on WAMP on MySQL, and have imported users from and am authenticating against AD with SSO via NTLM.

Liferay will be used as an intranet portal at a small college and while there's an SLA to maintain, it's not as critical a production environment as a commercial site.

I wonder if anyone is in production on a recent SE version and if the sailing is reasonably smooth. I don't find the Liferay EE licensing fees overly burdensome, however, any savings are good savings and allows for a higher probability of getting more staff resources to extend Liferay.

Anyway, anyone using 5.2.2 in production?

-Chris
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Would you go into intranet production with 5.2.3 SE

Liferay Legend Publications: 1228 Date d'inscription: 14/04/08 Publications récentes
anyone using 5.2.2 in production?

Expressing personal opinion only:
5.1.2(4) - definitely
5.2.1 - yes
5.2.2 - found it to be a bit green for production (subject to functionality required)
5.2.3 - 'wait and see' status
thumbnail
Chris Wirth, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 08/05/09 Publications récentes
Thanks, Victor!

Is the integrated admin control panel in 5.2.1?

Chris
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1228 Date d'inscription: 14/04/08 Publications récentes
yes, 5.2.1 is the same as 5.2.2.
Ilya Zverev, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 26 Date d'inscription: 25/11/08 Publications récentes
As I remember, 5.2.2 was recommended upgrade, which quickly replaced 5.2.1 (personally I didn't even catch a moment when 5.2.1 was released).
5.2.3 looks rather unstable to me though.

If you plan to go enterprise, use 5.1.x branch.