Forums de discussion

Welcome page became uneditable

thumbnail
Melvin Williams, modifié il y a 10 années.

Welcome page became uneditable

New Member Publications: 20 Date d'inscription: 02/10/13 Publications récentes
Hello everybody,

I set up liferay 6.2.0 and customized the default theme. The theme doesn't apply to the administration pages. After playing around with the sites the welcome page became uneditable, i.e within the sites of site page when I click on the welcome page the right panel is empty. I had that issue before when I checked "don't show this page". The last time reinstalled everything. Now I can't edit and not even delete the site. I hope someone can help me with this issue. I don't want to reinstall everything again.

Thanks
thumbnail

RE: Welcome page became uneditable

Update: After the problem was gone it today occurred again. I now can provide some additional infos. When opening the sites of site an exception is thrown:

11:47:23,686 ERROR [http-/0.0.0.0:8080-48][IncludeTag:129] Current URL /group/control_panel/manage?p_p_auth=lviXF5On&p_p_id=156&p_p_lifecycle=2&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view&p_p_cacheability=cacheLevelPage&doAsGroupId=10184&refererPlid=10450&controlPanelCategory=sites&_156_treeId=layoutsTree&_156_groupId=10184&_156_tabs1=public-pages&_156_viewLayout=true&_156_redirect=%2Fgroup%2Fcontrol_panel%3FrefererPlid%3D10450%26p_p_id%3D134&_156_struts_action=%2Fgroup_pages%2Fedit_layouts&_156_selPlid=10187&_156_historyKey= generates exception: JBWEB004038: An exception occurred processing JSP page /html/portlet/layouts_admin/edit_layout.jsp at line 279

276: Liferay.Util.openWindow(
277: {
278: cache: false,
279: id: '<portlet:namespace /><%= selLayout.getFriendlyURL().substring(1) %>_permissions',
280: title: '<%= UnicodeLanguageUtil.get(pageContext, "permissions") %>',
281: uri: '<%= permissionURL %>'
282: }

11:47:23,676 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/].[jsp]] (http-/0.0.0.0:8080-48) JBWEB000236: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1

Is this a bug?

regards
thumbnail

RE: Welcome page became uneditable (Réponse)

I have solved the issue. I think this is a bug. Adding and deleting the friendly URL seems to cause the problem. I looked at the database and found out that the corresponding table column was empty. I then added a friendly URL directly in the database and restarted the portal. Now I can edit the default welcome page again.
Chris Zosel, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 8 Date d'inscription: 30/01/14 Publications récentes
I just had exactly the same issue. Your solution worked like a charm, thanks!
Dominik Ratzow, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 11/03/14 Publications récentes
Melvin Williams:
I have solved the issue. I think this is a bug. Adding and deleting the friendly URL seems to cause the problem. I looked at the database and found out that the corresponding table column was empty. I then added a friendly URL directly in the database and restarted the portal. Now I can edit the default welcome page again.

Worked for me too. Thanks!