Forums de discussion

Migration from 5.1.1 to 5.2.2

thumbnail
Laurent Dreuillat, modifié il y a 14 années.

Migration from 5.1.1 to 5.2.2

Junior Member Publications: 78 Date d'inscription: 07/04/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

I recently made a migration from my LR 5.1.1 to the new version (LR 5.2.2) following the upgrade instructions.
Everything seems to work fine but at the end, when I access the portal I don't find any of my previous communities!
It's as if they were removed!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Migration from 5.1.1 to 5.2.2

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
Hm.. strange.

What kind of database are you using? Also do you still see the all your communities under the group table? Any exceptions during the upgrade process?
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 78 Date d'inscription: 07/04/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

I am on Windows XP and I'm using MySQL 5.0.18.
I don't see my communities (made in LR 5.1.1) in the group_ table.
I had no exceptions during the upgrade process!

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
oh...did you use a 5.2.2 bundle? If so, you'll need to delete 7cogs hook first or it will erase and populate the database with sample data... (http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/7Cogs%20sample%20data)

Good thing you a made a backup of your database first right? right??
thumbnail

Hi,

Thank you for this solution, I will make the test ASAP.

Don't care, I got a database backup ;)

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail

Hi,

I made an new migration test :

Drop portal table and recreate an empty one
- start LR, remove the 7Cogs Hook
- stop and start LR
- Everything works fine

After I tried to migrate my table (5.1.1) :
- I configured LR 5.2.2 to use my 5.1.1 database
- I started LR and I got several errors and the console :
20:01:19,953 ERROR [HotDeployUtil:111] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering plugins for chat-portlet
20:01:19,953 ERROR [HotDeployUtil:111] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering plugins for wol-portlet

After a while, it starts my browser with the LR Home Pager and I got an error :

You do not have permission to view this page.

Then I can't access any other pages!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail

Hi,

During the upgrade process, I had the following error in the console :

08:38:25,156 ERROR [MainServlet:162] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchRoleException: No Role exists with the key {companyId=10097, name=owner}
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchRoleException: No Role exists with the key {companyId=10097, name=owner}

Any ideas?

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail

Did you also copy your portal-ext.properties to 5.2.2 installation?

Specifically, I think you need this line if you're using permission algorithm 2.

permissions.user.check.algorithm=2
thumbnail

Hi,

I made a new test adding the line "permissions.user.check.algorithm=2" in my portal-ext.properties and it works a bit better.
I have no more errors on the company owner at the startup and it shows me the login page in my browser but I still have problems with chat and wol portlets (unable to deploy and register at startup).

Then when I connect, I see all the pages an communities from LR 5.1.1 version but I have chat errors on the console :

19:06:13,625 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter:101] Unknown column 'statusimpl0_.online_' in 'field list'
19:06:13,640 ERROR [BasePersistenceImpl:81] Caught ORMException
19:06:13,640 ERROR [PortletRequestDispatcherImpl:311] org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /latest.jsp at line 40

37: Status status = null;
38:
39: try {
40: status = StatusLocalServiceUtil.getUserStatus(themeDisplay.getUserId());
41: }
42: catch (NoSuchStatusException nsse) {
43: }

Stacktrace:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page /latest.jsp at line 40

37: Status status = null;
38:
39: try {
40: status = StatusLocalServiceUtil.getUserStatus(themeDisplay.getUserId());
41: }
42: catch (NoSuchStatusException nsse) {
43: }

Perhaps a chat and wol tables upgrade problem?
Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for your help

Laurent
thumbnail

Hm...I don't think there's a process to upgrade plugin tables...maybe try manually adding the online_ column to the chat_status table
thumbnail

Hi Amos,

The problem is that the Chat_status isn't correctly upgraded.
I modified the tables.sql file in the chat portlet and imported it in MySQL ant now the chat-portlet is working.

I will make the test with the WOL portlet today.

Do you know if there's a documentation on how to migrate the CMS data from LR 5.1.x to LR 5.2.x?
I just copied the cms repository from LR 5.1.1 ant restart LD. Evrything works fine for images, web content but it doesn't retrieve the documents that are in the Document Library. I saw that in the new version, there is a new documentlibrary folder!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail

When upgrading, you always want to look at portal-legacy-5.1.properties. (or whatever version you're upgrading from)

These properties are used for backwards compatibility whenever default behavior is changed. In this case, the default document library hook was changed to filesystem.

Don't know if you saw the wiki, but this is also mentioned in it. (http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Upgrade%20Instructions%20from%205.1%20to%205.2
Here is the contents of portal-legacy-5.1properties.

resource.repositories.root=${user.home}/liferay

theme.portlet.sharing.default=true

organizations.country.required[regular]=true
organizations.assignment.auto=true
organizations.assignment.strict=false
organizations.membership.strict=true

lucene.dir=${resource.repositories.root}/lucene/

jcr.jackrabbit.repository.root=${resource.repositories.root}/jackrabbit

discussion.thread.view=combination

dl.hook.impl=com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.JCRHook

dl.hook.file.system.root.dir=${resource.repositories.root}/document_library
thumbnail

Hi Amos,

I made the test with the portal-legacy-5.1.properties and it seems to be exactly the same thing (no access to document library items).
There is something strange in this file :
dl.hook.file.system.root.dir=${resource.repositories.root}/document_library

In previous version (v5.1.1) we have no document_library folder. When I put this line in the portal-legacy-5.1.properties file, it creates no document_library folder!
Should it copy document library files (from jackrabbit folder) to this folder during the upgrade process?

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail

Hi,

I made again the test by forcing the upgrade process and it works better.
I can see the document library elements through links in the web content.
But I still got a strange problem in the Document_Library Portlet :
- I can see all the Folders
- The number of documents by Folders is good
- But I can't see the documents in the Folders (empty) whereas the number of documents and pages is OK

It seems to be a display Bug!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Laurent
thumbnail

Ah, I forgot about that bug. The reason is in the upgrade process the preferences of the document library removed all the display columns. See this thread: http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/3018633

I think you're almost there! Hope it wasn't too painful...

On the other hand I just did an upgrade from 5.2.2 to 5.2.3 and it was quite smooth...
thumbnail

Hi,

Thanks a lot, it works fine now!

Best regards

Laurent