Forums de discussion

Liferay faces jsf2.2 support

thumbnail
Muhammed Shafeek V, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay faces jsf2.2 support

Regular Member Publications: 140 Date d'inscription: 22/07/13 Publications récentes
Hi,
I am using liferay faces in my project. Now I want to use html5 tags, I heard that jsf 2.2 support html5. For doing that I want to make changes in project facets in eclipse. But the problem is I can't able to find jsf 2.2 from eclipse juno when I try to change project facet from Project-> properties. I know this is not a question directly related to liferay faces but I try to incorporate jsf 2.2 with html5. Please help me . Iam using java 7 + eclipse juno
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Liferay faces jsf2.2 support

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Hi Muhammed,

We will have a stable milestone release of Liferay Faces that supports JSF 2.2 in the next few weeks. Are you using Maven or Ivy to manage dependencies? Or are you keeping your JARs with the source code of your project in WEB-INF/lib?

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 140 Date d'inscription: 22/07/13 Publications récentes
Hi sir,
First upon thank you for your reply. Actually I am keeping my JARs with the source code of my project in WEB-INF/lib folder. May I know the scheduled date for that release?
Sincerely,

Shafeek.
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Hi Shafeek,

At the time of this writing, the master branch of Liferay Faces specifies version 4.1.0-m1-SNAPSHOT, which is compatible with JSF 2.2 and Liferay 6.1. This branch is currently unstable but should reach stability next week (November 6, 2013). At that point, we will create a "4.1.x" branch and the master branch will become 4.2.0-m1-SNAPSHOT which is compatible with JSF 2.2 and Liferay 6.2.

So you should be able to start working with 4.1.0-m1-SNAPSHOT versions of Liferay Faces JARs from the snapshot repository by next week. The official milestone release is scheduled sometime later in November.

Regarding Eclipse, you might need to upgrade to Kepler in order to get the JSF 2.2 option in the "JavaServer Faces" project facet. Here is a link to an Eclipse Help page that discusses how to setup the JSF jars.

Kind Regards,

Neil
Vassilis Petropoulos, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 26 Date d'inscription: 10/04/12 Publications récentes
Hi Neal,

is there any plan for liferay 6.0.5 (4.0.0-m1-SNAPSHOT)?

Regards,
Vassilis
thumbnail

Hi Vassilis,

We don't have Liferay Faces 4.0.x (JSF 2.2 + Liferay Portal 6.0.x) on the roadmap because Liferay Portal 6.0.x is only certified for use with Servlet 2.5 containers. For example, Liferay 6.0.6 is bundled with Tomcat 6 (Servlet 2.5) and not Tomcat 7 (Servlet 3.0). JSF 2.2 introduced some hard dependencies on Java EE 6 (CDI 1.0 and Servlet 3.0) which means we will only be supporting Liferay Portal 6.2 and 6.1 which are certified for use on Servlet 3.0 servers like Tomcat 7 / GlassFish 3 / JBoss 7.1.

Kind Regards,

Neil
Vassilis Petropoulos, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 26 Date d'inscription: 10/04/12 Publications récentes
Hi Neil,

many thanks for yours clarificationemoticon

Regards
Vassilis
thumbnail

Neil Griffin:
Hi Shafeek,

At the time of this writing, the master branch of Liferay Faces specifies version 4.1.0-m1-SNAPSHOT, which is compatible with JSF 2.2 and Liferay 6.1. This branch is currently unstable but should reach stability next week (November 6, 2013). At that point, we will create a "4.1.x" branch and the master branch will become 4.2.0-m1-SNAPSHOT which is compatible with JSF 2.2 and Liferay 6.2.

So you should be able to start working with 4.1.0-m1-SNAPSHOT versions of Liferay Faces JARs from the snapshot repository by next week. The official milestone release is scheduled sometime later in November.

Regarding Eclipse, you might need to upgrade to Kepler in order to get the JSF 2.2 option in the "JavaServer Faces" project facet. Here is a link to an Eclipse Help page that discusses how to setup the JSF jars.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Hi sir,
Can I able use 4.1.0-m1-SNAPSHOT now. if yes from where I can download that specified jar?

truthfully,
shafeek.
thumbnail

Hi Muhammed,

The 4.1.x branch should reach stability in another day or two. We are actively working on it this week. It might be best if you tried the -SNAPSHOT jars after midnight (GMT) on Friday 8 November.

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail

Hi Muhammed,

We were not able to get all the files committed on Friday -- we are going to need another day or two in order to get the master branch stable. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Neil
thumbnail

Hi Muhammed,

The master branch of Liferay Faces has reached stability now as of the time of this writing. You should be able to find 4.1.0-m1-SNAPSHOT jars (and demo wars like for the new jsf2-flows-portlet and jsf2-html5-portlet) in the snapshot repository.

Kind Regards,

Neil
thumbnail

Hi sir,
I am glad to know that Liferay Faces 4.1.0-m1 has reached stability and its working fine in our project.

Thank you sir for your help and support,

Sincerely,

Shafeek..
thumbnail

It's our pleasure -- thanks so much for your patience and please let us know if you find any bugs.
thumbnail

Hi Neil,

When I expect a next stable official release of liferay faces?.. Is any plan for liferay faces , liferay 6.2?

Sincerly,
Shafeek.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Muhammed,

I can't answer about the specific release date, but... what JSF version do you want to use?
thumbnail

Hi,
First upon thank you for your reply,

Actually I want to use 4.2.0-m1 liferay faces which compatible for liferay 6.2.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
Hi Muhammed,

but you want JSF 2.1 or JSF .2.2?
thumbnail

Hi Juan,

Jsf 2.2 and liferay 6.2
thumbnail

Hi Muhammed,

Please refer to the thread titled "Release plan for Liferay Faces 4.1.x and 4.2.x "

Kind Regards,

Neil