Forums de discussion

document library after upgrading 5.1.4 to 5.2.2 does not show files

Bernardo Riveira Faraldo, modifié il y a 14 années.

document library after upgrading 5.1.4 to 5.2.2 does not show files

Regular Member Publications: 135 Date d'inscription: 30/10/08 Publications récentes
after upgrading to 5.2.2 we have found that existing document library portlets don't show existing files; you can navigate folders, but not find a single file

if you have enough permissions to configure the portlet, then you can see that the file attributes or "columns" for the file table (name, downloads, file size, action, blocked state) are all in the "available attributes" list and none are selected to use, so that's why the file list is empty

but then, if we configure the portlet to correctly show the files, we have found that any other user don't see the changes! it's like if we were not configuring but personalizing the portlet. I mean, I suppose that "configuring" the portlet configs it for ANY user of the portlet, and "customizing" a portlet personalizes it for the user customizing it

anyway, the problem is very BIG, because we were lucky we did not put the document library into the public pages of an user, because it would be impossible to automatically reconfigure them, but anyway, how can we solve this???? Because we have to tell to every user to config the document library for it to work!!!! but then, only a handful of users can config it!!

or is there any way to solve this problem once and for all?

HEEEELP
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: document library after upgrading 5.1.4 to 5.2.2 does not show files

Liferay Legend Publications: 1902 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
This is a known issues, LPS-2100.

To fix this issue, go the the Document Library's portlet configuration (the gear icon).
Under Document Listing, moving everything in the available box to the current box.

Regular Member Publications: 135 Date d'inscription: 30/10/08 Publications récentes
Mmmh, yes, thank you. I promise I went through Jira before writing this, but did not found it, I'm sorry.

About that, the other problem involves the document library viewer portlet: you cannot change the columns shown for the folder list, it allows you to move them left to right and viceversa but after saving the configuration the column list stays the same: "name" and "size" (although "size" always show "--" in the list)

If you want the document library viewer to show the number of documents per folder, for instance, you can't.

THEN, I have just found that if I add the "downloads" and "blocked" columns to the document list, after saving they show up also in the folder list columns! (see referenced image below)

This is plain new portlet in a new page, so it has not been "upgraded" from 5.1 to 5.2, so maybe it's a bug in the document library viewer!

thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 1902 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
Bernardo, this is a bug and it will be fixed in the next version of Liferay. See LPS-3247. If you run into any more bug, please create a ticket in the Issue Tracker. Thanks.
thumbnail
Carl Kynaston, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 26/05/09 Publications récentes
This fixed my issue on one community, but brings up another concern.

I have many different communities and I would have to go into every single community, click the gear icon, and fix what columns are displayed.

Is there a way I can just make the change once, and have it work properly in all communities where that portlet is deployed?
thumbnail

One option is to upgrade to Liferay 5.2.3. The upgrade process will fix this bug for every community.
thumbnail

I have extensive testing to do still after my first upgrade, I am afraid of introducing more bugs if I upgrade to 5.2.3 and I may have to go back and redo some or all of my testing.

Is there not another way to do this?
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
Hey Carl,

You could something like try this:

update PortletPreferences set preferences = replace(preferences, "<name>fileEntryColumns</name><value></value>", "<name>fileEntryColumns</name><value>name,size,downloads,locked,action</value>") where portletId='20';

I think that should do it. Also, I htink you'll need to clear the caching stuff in control panel > server administration or maybe do a restart of Liferay.
thumbnail

This seems like it will do the trick, but how do I determine the right portletId?

Does anyone know the portlet id for the document library?

It appears I would also need to change these settings on things like the "Search Resources" portlet as well. Any ideas on how I could find these portal ids that I want to edit?
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
It should be in liferay-portlet.xml. But if you haven't changed any code, then 20 should be document library.
thumbnail

Excellent Amos! This should do the trick. Thanks very much!

can the modified date be showed in the file list also?
if true, can that date be used as ordering?

I think the document library should have that options:

- selecting which field to order by...
- selecting wether to order by ASC or DESC