Forums de discussion

Redirecting to community home page

Hugo Palma, modifié il y a 16 années.

Redirecting to community home page

New Member Publications: 20 Date d'inscription: 13/09/07 Publications récentes
My use case is this:

i created a community and i want everyone(including guests) to only see the community pages.

- First problem is that i can't find a way to define the home page of the Liferay instalation. When i access the / context it goes directly to the guest home page.

- Even if i find out how to specify the home page, when i logout i always get redirected to the guest home page.

So, any ideas how i can accomplish this ?
thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modifié il y a 16 années.

RE: Redirecting to community home page

Liferay Master Publications: 878 Date d'inscription: 08/10/07 Publications récentes
Well, you should show something to users that are not logged in, that would be the guest page. You can make it minimal, so it just contains login.

After you login you can make it inaccessible for your users, so they would not be able to see it (make it only available to Guest role and no other role and no other users).

Here is how to set up the default path:

http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Customizing_the_default_page_after_login

I am showing something to the guest user, i'm showing the community home page that i configured to be shown to guest users. I just can't show it automatically.

I had already seen that howto, but that redirect is only triggered after the user logins. I want it to redirect as soon the the user accesses the site.

I think i can explain my use case a little better.

I want to publish a site as a community in Liferay. This site will show all kinds of content and it doesn't require that a user is logged in to see the content.
How do configure Liferay so that all the guests and logged in users see is the community pages ?
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 878 Date d'inscription: 08/10/07 Publications récentes
Then you can modify the Guest community - this way all the users will see it. You need to add all users to this community so they are able to see it when they are logged in.

Roman Hoyenko:
Then you can modify the Guest community - this way all the users will see it. You need to add all users to this community so they are able to see it when they are logged in.

Cool, that works. Thanks.
Just one more question, how do i remove the "My Community" community from the users like what happens here in the Liferay site ?
thumbnail

Don't grant them Power User role by default and remove existing Power Users.

You can configure the default role in Admin portlet.

Thank you for your help...
shaun pollock, modifié il y a 16 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 16/02/08 Publications récentes
One Question ,

When i set the redirect as shown in the link above, my I.E or F.Fox just goes bonkers. It just keeps stopping and getting ,etc in a loop , sometimes F.Fox says that it cant go to the page because of a loop.

Is there any setting that i need to do on the browsers . I am using 4.3. So what i want to do is as soon as the user logs in to go to his community page(which is the friendly url in the virtual host section of the community) . Different users could have different communities so i do want to go through one home page (which i just use for login as in the thread) but once i do that then i want to go to his community home page (which i think is the virtual host friendly url in the community page- if not please let me know where i need to set this).

Thx a zillion.
shaun pollock, modifié il y a 16 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 16/02/08 Publications récentes
ok my bad.. I had a tomcat 6.6 version and that didnt had the portal.properties so i put it in /bin directory and it just went bonkers. I took it and put in the web-inf/classes directory and it worked. However how can i set the landing page different for different communities.

Also when i add a page(with addpage link) as one user it is becoming visible to all the users.
Dana Oredson, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 70 Date d'inscription: 14/10/08 Publications récentes
Roman Hoyenko:

As far as I can tell, there is no reason to have a guest community. We should be able to remove that thing.

Think of the case of multiple site hosting. No one should see "guest" content. All guest content for each community should just be on Layouts, giving Guest the VIEW permission.

If you want a "Guest" community, then one create that community just like any other.