Forums de discussion

Regarding Document Library.

Vijay Raghavan Venkataraman, modifié il y a 15 années.

Regarding Document Library.

New Member Publications: 15 Date d'inscription: 15/04/09 Publications récentes
Hi,
The current functionality of the document library is very good. We can upload single document or a multiple documents at one time. But we cant upload a existing directory from our local drive to the server (i.e) when we click the Add folder button a new folder is created and then we have to upload the documents in that. Instead of that when we click the add button a browse window should appear and with that we have to upload the already existing directory structure form our local drive to the server. Thus by uploading the whole folder structure at once with all the documents inside it instead of creating a new folder and uploading the documents. This feature will be more useful i guess. Can any of the liferay experts look into this. This is just my suggestions.
Cato Aune, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Regarding Document Library.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 18/02/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

you could use WebDAV to connect to the Document Library and use the file browser on your computer to move items into the Document Library.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Accessing+the+Document+Library+with+WebDAV
Vijay Raghavan Venkataraman, modifié il y a 15 années.

New Member Publications: 15 Date d'inscription: 15/04/09 Publications récentes
Hi,
But webDav is only after creating folder and getting it reference. I am asking for the first time itself the whole folder structure and all its contents should be uploaded on a whole not by asking for a upload of single file or the multiple files. I want the whole folder structure to be uploaded as the whole. when i click Add folder in document library i want browse window so that i could upload the required folder from my local drive. But in liferay it goes to create folder.
thumbnail
Deven Phillips, modifié il y a 15 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 09/04/09 Publications récentes
Ah, but no... If you connect to the base of the document_library you can immediately create folders there. The only constraint is that you cannot put a document in the top level. Everything at the top level must be folders. I can say this with certainty because I just did it 5 minutes ago on Liferay 5.2.

Deven
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
That's true. The top level is limited to folders.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modifié il y a 14 années.

Expert Publications: 373 Date d'inscription: 27/08/04 Publications récentes
And we're putting in the ability to add documents at the root level in the next version.