Forums de discussion

GroupFriendlyURLException when adding Organizations

thumbnail
George T11l, modifié il y a 14 années.

GroupFriendlyURLException when adding Organizations

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 31/03/09 Publications récentes
Has anyone seen this exception and know how to tame it?:

[#|2009-04-21T00:21:12.558+0000|INFO|glassfish|null|_ThreadID=16;_ThreadName=Thread-3;|2009-04-21 00:21:12,558 [httpWorkerThread-8080-0] ERROR portal-web.docroot.html.portal.render_portlet.jsp - com.liferay.portal.GroupFriendlyURLException
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.GroupLocalServiceImpl.validateFriendlyURL(GroupLocalServiceImpl.java:1048)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.GroupLocalServiceImpl.addGroup(GroupLocalServiceImpl.java:137)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.GroupLocalServiceImpl.addGroup(GroupLocalServiceImpl.java:101)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.OrganizationLocalServiceImpl.addOrganization(OrganizationLocalServiceImpl.java:119)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.OrganizationServiceImpl.addOrganization(OrganizationServiceImpl.java:97)
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.OrganizationServiceImpl.addOrganization(OrganizationServiceImpl.java:111)
at com.liferay.portal.service.OrganizationServiceUtil.addOrganization(OrganizationServiceUtil.java:87)
at com.liferay.portlet.enterpriseadmin.action.EditOrganizationAction.updateOrganization(EditOrganizationAction.java:224)
at com.liferay.portlet.enterpriseadmin.action.EditOrganizationAction.processAction(EditOrganizationAction.java:93)
at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:180)
at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:197)

This is thrown when trying to add an Organization from the Organizations tab of the admin portlet. I can usually add one or two orgs before this exception is thrown. But when it is thrown I get a "Organizations is temporarily unavailable" message in the Organziations tab. Organizations then fails continually until the application server domain is stopped and restarted.
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: GroupFriendlyURLException when adding Organizations

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
I think something is slipping through the friendly url normalizer and it's producing duplicate friendly URLs.

What are you naming your organizations?
thumbnail
George T11l, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 31/03/09 Publications récentes
Amos Fong:
I think something is slipping through the friendly url normalizer and it's producing duplicate friendly URLs.

What are you naming your organizations?

I think I see what happened. The names are fine. But it looks like the record is partially there from an earlier failed attempt to create the organization when Liferay experienced a lost DB connection error. (Haven't completely solved that problem yet, but that's a different story).

Anyway, I perused the source code and the DB and found the issue. The friendly URL is already in the lportal. Group_ table, but apparently needs a corresponding Organization_ entry (which is what failed to insert previously). Since the Org entry is not there it does not show up in the Control Panel or generated a duplicate error. But then it checks to see if the Group_ is there and fails. The error message is somewhat inaccurate since the URL isn't really failing a validation - we never get that far.

Of course, now the problem is how to fix this. I tried removing the Group_ and corresponding LayoutSet table rows, but that doesn't seem to be enough as I now get this exception when trying to access the Organizations control panel:

[#|2009-04-22T20:16:17.304+0000|INFO|glassfish|null|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-3;|2009-04-22 20:16:17,291 [httpWorkerThread-8080-1] ERROR com.liferay.portal.model.Organization -
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchGroupException: No Group exists with the key {companyId=10108, classNameId=10017, classPK=10206}
at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.GroupPersistenceImpl.findByC_C_C(GroupPersistenceImpl.java:656)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor341.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Any new thoughts?
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
Does that organization exist with organizationid=10206? If not, try reindexing and/or clearing database cache from control panel > server administration.

Otherwise, I think you deleted the group that was connected to that organization.