Forums de discussion

User group and roles

thumbnail
Sophia Cui, modifié il y a 14 années.

User group and roles

Regular Member Publications: 119 Date d'inscription: 14/08/08 Publications récentes
Hi,
I created a role in a community, and created a user group included several peoples that should have the roles. But how do I assign a role to a user group?

Thanks.

I am using Liferay 5.2.2 with Tomcat 6.0.18.

Sophia
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: User group and roles

Liferay Master Publications: 621 Date d'inscription: 06/05/08 Publications récentes
hi Sophia Cui ,

goto your created role under roles tab in Contro panel --> portal and click permissions from actions button. Then you can see the usergroups tab. Assign your usergroup to the role.

With Regards,
V.Auditya
thumbnail

Regular Member Publications: 119 Date d'inscription: 14/08/08 Publications récentes
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu:
hi Sophia Cui ,

goto your created role under roles tab in Contro panel --> portal and click permissions from actions button. Then you can see the usergroups tab. Assign your usergroup to the role.

With Regards,
V.Auditya

Thanks for your reply, but are we using the same thing? I followed your steps, there is no User Group tab??
What is wrong?

Sophia
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
I think when they added the ability to add usergroups to communities, they didn't think about being able to assign community roles that way.
Sreeranj S, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 78 Date d'inscription: 17/03/09 Publications récentes
I think usergroup based permission can be assigned if we are using the permission algorithm 4, From 5.1 the default algorithm used is 5, More information about permission algorithm is given in the link listed below.

Permission algorithm
thumbnail
Auditya manikanta Vadrevu, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 621 Date d'inscription: 06/05/08 Publications récentes
hi Sophia Cui,

Sophia Cui:

but are we using the same thing? I followed your steps, there is no User Group tab??
What is wrong?

Sophia

Where you did not get the usergroup tab ? can you attach a screenshot. Look at the image i have attached, in that I have created a usergroup cricket-lovers and assigning publisher role to that usergroup.

With Regards,
V.Auditya

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail

Hi, Auditya
I tried twice to attach the file with image, but they all failed.

The image you showed me make sense, and it suppose to be like that. But I tried in my portal site again, still I can't see what you see. I signed in as Administrator, then go to Control Panel, then Roles, I see a list of Roles there, then I clicked the Roles I created, or click Action button, then select Edit.

At the top, I have only one button there says "View All", and that 's all. No other option available at all.

After I installed the Liferay 5.2.2 successfully, I created an Administrator of my own, then I deleted the default one, Joe, will that matter?

Please give more advise, thank you so much!

Sophia
thumbnail

Let me try to attach the file separately here, so it won't fail my message.

Pièces jointes:

thumbnail
Amos Fong, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2047 Date d'inscription: 07/10/08 Publications récentes
I believe Auditya's screenshot is only for regular roles, not community roles.
thumbnail

Amos Fong:
I believe Auditya's screenshot is only for regular roles, not community roles.

Ok, that's the thing make difference.
Only the regular roles 's Action button has the option: Assign Members.

Thank you very much, Amos and Auditya!

Sophia
thumbnail
Kyrre Myrbostad, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 37 Date d'inscription: 21/01/09 Publications récentes
Is it possible to assign community/organization roles to user groups programmatically (using API)?

My use case is that we have a lot of different communities and would like to use community roles. BUT that implies that we have to duplicate user membership in some community roles, instead of just assigning the user group once and for all to the given role in the spesific communities.

Consider this: User is member of usergroup A, the user needs to have to role webmaster on community B and C. If I give him the community role, i have to do this twice, once for each community. This info must be maintained as users come and go.

If I could give usergroup A the role webmaster in community B and C, this would be much easier to maintain. Portal wide roles are not an option, obviously.

Do we need to go back to permission algorithm 4 to do this? (Please no... ;)
sam del, modifié il y a 13 années.

User group and roles

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 08/05/10 Publications récentes
Hi
I'd like to define a Role same Administrator, of course with restricted functions and unaccessible in organizations and communities for Owners/Administrators those.
Is it implementable in Liferay 5.2.3 or No?
Please help me
Thanks a lot
thumbnail
Enrique Valdes Lacasa, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 92 Date d'inscription: 29/07/14 Publications récentes
I think "How to assign roles to a group?" is a great question. The title of the post misleading though, something like: "how to assign roles to a group?" would be much better. Depending on the type of roles (site, regular, organization or team) it can be different. For instance, how to add a regular role to a site group was discussed above.

I wasn't sure if adding an independent post for this. I am posting my answer here since when I googled "assign roles to groups" I got here from the results. This is the kind of questions that seems to be valid no matter the version of Liferay, that is why I also like it. In Liferay 6.2, which is the one I am working with, this would be as follows:

Assign site role to a group:

1) Control Panel -> Sites -> Select the specific site -> Users tab -> Site Memberships -> User Groups tab -> Assign User Groups -> Select the group you want in that site

That's just the first step, then you need to add the site role to the group :

2) Click on the actions button of the group -> Assign site role -> Click on update

And that's it: users belonging to that group will get the site role for that site.

I hope it helps.
divya goyal, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 11/11/14 Publications récentes
Is there any way to assign the usergroup to a regular role using liferay apis.Please reply as stuck on this for a long time.

Please suggest the API as well.