Forums de discussion

How to integrate Orbeon Forms in Liferay?

Roberto S, modifié il y a 10 années.

How to integrate Orbeon Forms in Liferay?

Junior Member Publications: 45 Date d'inscription: 07/03/12 Publications récentes
Hello all

I need integrate Orbeon Forms 4.3 CE in Liferay 6.1.1. Which is the best way to integrate Orbeon in Liferay?

I have tried to integrate it with Form Runner Liferay Proxy Portlet, but I can't get the documentId

Someone can help me
Thanks
thumbnail
Stian Sigvartsen, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: How to integrate Orbeon Forms in Liferay?

Regular Member Publications: 103 Date d'inscription: 27/08/10 Publications récentes
Hi Roberto

I have some experiencing Integrating Orbeon Forms and may be able to help you. What do you mean by "I can't get the documentId"?
Presumably you are referring to the documentId of the form submissions that are made via the portlet, but maybe you can elaborate on why you need to get it.

-Stian

Junior Member Publications: 45 Date d'inscription: 07/03/12 Publications récentes
Hi Stian,

First of all thanks for your help.

I have a form, when I press "save" button the form is saved in my database (MySQL), in a table called "orbeon_form_data" in this table we have a field "documentId". I need obtain the documentId when the user press the save button.

Do you think I could do it?

By the other hand. In your opinion which is the best way to integrate Orbeon in Liferay?
thumbnail
Stian Sigvartsen, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 103 Date d'inscription: 27/08/10 Publications récentes
We are implementing something similar to this using the success / error page feature of Form Runner.

Check out http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/configuration-properties/configuration-properties-form-runner

Under the section "Workflow send button" you will find the bullet point "Request parameters for all methods".
As you can see, the nominated URL receives three parameters

• document - Contains the document id of the document sent
  • app - Contains the app name
  • form - Contains the form name

We're using this in conjunction with a messaging bus to determine the next page to send the user to.

re. What's the best way to integrate Orbeon in Liferay -

I have experience integrating Orbeon with Liferay in two different ways for different use cases. Some of the below is work on-going.

1) As above, but maybe different to your approach, we create form submissions prior to forms being rendered via the Form Runner portlet. This enables us to generate our own ID for form submissions (the document id) and relate this to an external entity such as a Liferay workflow task. I think this is a good approach for integrating the Orbeon Form Runner into Liferay.

2) As a MVC framework for custom portlets. i.e. instead of JSF and Vaadin for example. For this I am using the separate portlet deployment integration method as described on the Orbeon Wiki. Unfortunately we have seen issues with this deployment method in the Orbeon 4.2 release, but these may have been resolved in 4.3. This integration approach makes it relatively straight forward to make full use of the portlet API and its niceties such as inter-portlet communication.

-Stian

now I use "work-flow-send", but not works fine. I think the first form you use to integrate is more or less what I need.
Could you explain this in more detail?

Thanks!!!
thumbnail
Gurumurthy Godlaveeti, modifié il y a 9 années.

Regular Member Publications: 208 Date d'inscription: 12/08/11 Publications récentes
Hi Everybody,
I got requirement to integrate the Orbeon Forms with Liferay so i need help from you to complete it.

Specifications
Liferay Version : 6.0.6
Orbeon Version : 4.5
Server : Tomcat (For Liferay & Orbeon)
MySQL Server : MySQL (For Liferay & Orbeon)

I got orbeon.war file & deploying it into LIferay server. It's able to run Form Runner only properly but not form builder (Ofcourse, Form builder is not supported by orbeon.war as of now).

Requirement 1 : While saving form data into orbeon database, I would like to save form data with user id so how can I do it?
Requirement 2 : Form Builder is not supporting by orbeon.war file but we must provide it to make ownership on forms on their created forms so What are the steps to make it?
Note: If there is something to write code to achieve it then we are ready to make it.

I have been making conversation in Orbeon Discussions & Liferay Forums also. Please check this links also.
http://discuss.orbeon.com/Liferay-AUI-with-Orbeon-Forms-td4658387.html
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/38781802

Advance thanks...!