Forums de discussion

Deploy portlets for Liferay 6.1.2 running on JBoss 7.2.0

thumbnail
Sebastian Sommerfeld, modifié il y a 10 années.

Deploy portlets for Liferay 6.1.2 running on JBoss 7.2.0

Junior Member Publications: 40 Date d'inscription: 06/12/10 Publications récentes
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I recently installed Liferay 6.1.2 on our JBoss 7.2.0. No problems with setting up the environment. Documentation was really helpful. But now I'm not making any progress with deploying themes and portlets.

Control Panel > Server > Plugin Installations is not providing any upload functions. Only lists of portlets, themes ans templates respectivly and a hint that Liferay marketplace will take over some day.

Letting the JBoss take care of the deployments doesn't work either. This would be my favored solution, but portlet deployments failed because some liferay classes are missing. Tried to deploy a theme afterwards, which didn't result in errors, but this theme was not available for pages in Liferay. Is letting the JBoss take care of the deployments an option anyway? After all portlets cannot run outside of a portal-environment.

My last try so far was using an auto deploy directory. But since our JBoss is running in domain mode instead of standalone, it seems this is not an option. JBoss log states that the deployment-scanner subsystem can only be installed in standalone mode, not in domain mode.

Has anyone extirienced similar problems and can provide a solution or some helpful tips? Or maybe there is an other solution that I haven't tought of so far. Anyway, I looking forward to hearing from you ;-) Thanks in advance.

Regards
Sebastian
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Deploy portlets for Liferay 6.1.2 running on JBoss 7.2.0

Liferay Legend Publications: 1313 Date d'inscription: 03/10/06 Publications récentes
To install custom plugins from the Control Panel you need the Private Plugin Installer
Otherwise deploy you on the Liferay deploy folder.
thumbnail
Sebastian Sommerfeld, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 40 Date d'inscription: 06/12/10 Publications récentes
As mentioned, my JBoss setup does not allow usage of autodeploy folders. So installing the Private Plugin Installer is quite a task. Or am I missing something here? I wasn't able to setup JBosses deployment-scanner subsystem, so there is no folder with an autodeployment listener. Somehow this makes sense since the autodeployment routing doesn't know which JBoss server instance to use as target.

Maybe there is some kind of (dirty) workaround to get the Private Plugin Installer running so that I can use this from then on?
Juan Carlos Toledo Baute, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 50 Date d'inscription: 30/03/11 Publications récentes
Hello

We have a similar environment Liferay 6.1.1 ce-cga2 with Jboss7 domain mode.
Currently working in this way for deployments.
In a local Jboss with deployments of standalone folder.
Copy the war to be deployed there.
I deployed the standalone deployments (in self-deployment adds files) compress it and upload it for the domain console.
In all cases it does not work, for example now I have problems with social-office.war.
If you have any better formulated please contact me.

For me the important thing is that the war work, rather than how to deploy it.
I know that you can create a script for a scheduled deployment.

Sorry for my bad English.

regards
thumbnail
Victor Zorin, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1228 Date d'inscription: 14/04/08 Publications récentes
Just another note about deployments on Liferay+JBoss (CE and EE) and differences from Liferay+Tomcat.

When deploying non-Liferay web applications to Liferay+JBoss, e.g. servlet-based *.war apps, (unlike in Liferay+Tomcat) you have to deploy them straight into standalone/deployments folder, i.e. the same way as *.ear apps.

Themes, portlets, hooks would have to go into deploy/ directory where Liferay is usually picking them up. If you use direct deployment into the file system, Liferay Private Deployment Plugin is not necessary and as I mentioned you cannot use it for all web apps anyway.

Using the domain console of JBoss could also be problematic when deploying Liferay apps, so for 100% reliable deployment we use deploy/ folder for Liferay apps, and standalone/deployment/ folder for non-Liferay apps. (Avoid playing with .dodeploy .doundeploy files, it is not required at all, JBoss shall handle everything automatically).