Forums de discussion

Extending microblog portlet

Abhay Chaware, modifié il y a 10 années.

Extending microblog portlet

Junior Member Publications: 36 Date d'inscription: 17/07/13 Publications récentes
HI All

I want to make the microblogs, related comments etc to be made available through searches or assetpublisher results. IMO, I would need to define a custom asset type for the microblog entries and comments.

Is that the way to go ? Or there are other / better options possible ?

Thanks
Abhay
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Extending microblog portlet

Expert Publications: 306 Date d'inscription: 13/04/07 Publications récentes
Hi Abhay,

You can create structure and template and achieve the whole stuff using Liferay's WCM (Web Content Management) feature.

You can finally publish the micro blogs using Asset publisher and you also have commenting feature.

We are implementing a similar feature for one of our customer where he wanted the ability to create different types of blogs - text, video, audio, gallery, link, image, chat, quote, etc. We were not able to achieve the features with Liferay's Blog portlet. But we achieved the whole functionality using WCM seamlessly. If you need any help you can refer to my book.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook
Abhay Chaware, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 36 Date d'inscription: 17/07/13 Publications récentes
Interesting. What I also find interesting in liferay's Social Office - MicroBlog portlet, is the hashtagging and mentions. That is the primary reason I am thinking of extending the MicroBlog portlet.. unless there is an easy way to incorporate that feature in the normal blog portlet.. i'll anyway take a look at the book you've written, thanks for sharing.
thumbnail
Ahmed Hasan, modifié il y a 10 années.

Expert Publications: 306 Date d'inscription: 13/04/07 Publications récentes
You are welcome Abhay.

Yours truly,
Ahamed Hasan
Author, Liferay Portlet Cookbook