Forums de discussion

Ant build does nothing after a particular line in some users

thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 15 années.

Ant build does nothing after a particular line in some users

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

I am using liferay 5.1.2. In some of the machines while running 'deploy' target of extension environment ant stops processing after a particular line.

build-webxml:
     [java] Loading jar:file:/C:/ABOS/liferay-portal-ext-5.1.2/modules/portal-im
pl.jar!/system.properties
     [java] Loading file:/C:/ABOS/liferay-portal-ext-5.1.2/ext-impl/classes/syst
em-ext.properties
pl.jar!/portal.properties
     [java] Loading file:/C:/ABOS/liferay-portal-ext-5.1.2/ext-impl/classes/port
al-ext.properties
pl.jar!/com/liferay/portal/tools/dependencies/portal-tools.properties
    [b] [java] 13:07:54,519 INFO  [PortalImpl:228] Portal lib directory /C:/ABOS/li
feray-portal-ext-5.1.2/lib/portal/util-java.jar!/[/b]

After the line marked in bold nothing happens. I have seen its not memory issue. Any ideas?

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Minhchau Dang, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Ant build does nothing after a particular line in some users

Liferay Master Publications: 598 Date d'inscription: 22/10/07 Publications récentes
It sounds like there's a non-daemon thread that's not terminating properly, so when the WebXMLBuilder reaches the end of its main() method, it doesn't exit properly.

As a temporary workaround, inside of ext-impl, create "com.liferay.portal.tools.WebXMLBuilder". Take the code from the corresponding file in portal-impl, and add "System.exit(0);" as the last line to the main() method. After you generate and deploy ext-impl.jar, running "ant deploy" from the base directory of your EXT environment should terminate successfully.

You may also run into problems with ThumbnailBuilder and WSDDMerger. If that happens, simply repeat the above process with those classes.
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 15 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1744 Date d'inscription: 06/11/08 Publications récentes
Thanks Minhchau,

But is there no other cleaner way.

I have to change the code thats messy.

Regards,
Sandeep
thumbnail
Sandeep Nair, modifié il y a 14 années.

Anyone has any other idea on this?
s t, modifié il y a 13 années.

RE: Ant build does nothing after a particular line after upgrading ext LR5.

Junior Member Publications: 48 Date d'inscription: 19/10/10 Publications récentes
Hi there,

thanks for the workaround it helped for the WSDDMerger.
I had the problem when upgrading an ext environment from 5.2.5 to 5.2.9

This thread is some days old, is there already a better way to fly?
(I'm running win 7 if this matters somehow)

Thanks
s t
s t, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 48 Date d'inscription: 19/10/10 Publications récentes
I have to correct slightly
It worked for the ext-root-folder deploy target. Not for my build-service target in the ext-impl.

Is there a similar work-around for this?

thanks and happy friday
s t
thumbnail
Minhchau Dang, modifié il y a 13 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 598 Date d'inscription: 22/10/07 Publications récentes
s t:
It worked for the ext-root-folder deploy target. Not for my build-service target in the ext-impl. Is there a similar work-around for this?

I haven't seen the issue in any recent releases of Liferay, but if you are still seeing problems, the workaround should apply to other tools as well. Wherever you see it hang, check the Ant target to see what class is being used to run that task.

For example, if it's hanging on the build-service target, you will need to add System.exit(0) to the com.liferay.portal.tools.servicebuilder.ServiceBuilder class.

That said, modifying service builder is tricky, because classes are usually not compiling when you run service builder, but your patched service builder needs to be on the classpath. As a workaround, create a second EXT environment with all the tool changes you'll need, generate ext-impl.jar, and copy it to "custom-tools-ext-impl.jar" in the ext-lib/portal folder.