Forums de discussion

RE: Windows service memory settings

thumbnail
Raviprakash Sharma, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 14/03/13 Publications récentes
My server is not getting started when am adding both of the following lines in JAVA tab:
-XXemoticonermSize=128m
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

Set initial memory pool and maximum memory pool to 1024.

Only -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

and initial memory pool at 512 and maximum memory pool to 1024.

is working for me.(RAM size :3Gemoticon Could anyone please explain to me, as i am new to liferay.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 6396 Date d'inscription: 23/09/08 Publications récentes
What Platform are you running on? Windows32? This platform has some limitation in memory management: The most memory you can assign to your JVM is around 1.5G if you're starting it early after booting.

If you can't run with initial 1024M, odds are that sooner or later - when the JVM wants to allocate more memory - you'll be running out-of-memory. IMHO it's best practice to set the initial and max memory to the same values in production setups: In case you can't get enough memory you want to know about this as early as possible, while you're potentially in front of the machine. That is: While you're starting the server.

If you're on a different platform, check what else is eating up your memory. Also, make sure you're not using virtual memory: That's one of the safest ways to kill your performance (unless you're the only user on a development box)