Forums de discussion

accessing the portal outside the environment

omer 345621, modifié il y a 10 années.

accessing the portal outside the environment

Junior Member Publications: 54 Date d'inscription: 09/05/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

I had installed liferay portal 6.1. I want to know if there is any method from which i can access the portal outside the server or local machine? With out installing any IDE.

Thanks,
Omer
thumbnail
Vilmos Papp, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: accessing the portal outside the environment

Liferay Master Publications: 529 Date d'inscription: 21/10/10 Publications récentes
Sure, in a browser navigate to the IP/Domain of the portal with the configured port. You will see your welcome page. There you can log in with your user.

Junior Member Publications: 54 Date d'inscription: 09/05/12 Publications récentes
Great Thanks,
As of now it is working on port 8080. From where i can update the default port 80 by my new port number?

ok i figured it out that u can do the changes fromserver xml file. Now next quiz is how can i hide my server ip address?
thumbnail

Liferay Master Publications: 529 Date d'inscription: 21/10/10 Publications récentes
I would put a webserver in front of my application server as usual (not Liferay specific thing) and access the portal through AJP proxy of JK mod.

l figured and configured well thanks all.

Next step or next problem is now i want to configure liferay to my sql.

I had done it in the past but at that time i had different set of servers. And now the setup is little differnt. Mysql is residing on my linux server and db is abc and port configured is 3306 and ip for linxu is 10.0.247.52

jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://10.0.247.52:3306/abc

and the residing server where the liferay is installed is below

10.0.247.49:3306/

I installed toad on app server 10.0.247.49:3306/ and it is talking to the db server 10.0.247.52:3306/abc with successful connection.

There must be a small typo in the jdbc connection which need correction.

Please help.

Thanks,

and driver class is below
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
thumbnail

In your portal-ext.properties you should have something like this:
Assuming that your database name is liferay-db your user to connect is root and it's password is: password

jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://10.0.247.52/liferay-db?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false
jdbc.default.username=root
jdbc.default.password=password

Please also check, that you configured MySQL correctly to be able to connect to it remotely with the specified user.
Luwasa Au, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 18/06/13 Publications récentes
Thanks for sharing..