Forums de discussion

Opensocial Gadgets vs WSRP Porltets

thumbnail
Raja Nagendra Kumar, modifié il y a 15 années.

Opensocial Gadgets vs WSRP Porltets

Expert Publications: 484 Date d'inscription: 02/03/06 Publications récentes
Hi,

I am of the understanding the WSRP/portlets and Opensocial address the same needs (to the extent of 60% or more) in a different ways with some advantage of each depending on the environment etc..

Would it be a good approach to have a Opensocial bridge so that any Opensocial gadgets could be converted to WSRP portlet by bridge or wise versa (convert portlets to opensocial gadgets). I read Shinding is addressing to help portals to become opensocial complient.. but not sure if they are taking of bridge approach to map the Gadgets Lifecycle with Portal/WSRP lifecycle events and vice versa.

Any inputs on this would help.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Opensocial Gadgets vs WSRP Porltets

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
In an ideal world the OpenSocial gadgets would become JSR compliant portlets so that we could just deploy them navitvely in Liferay instead of having to go through all this stuff of pulling things in via wierd and occasionally flaky mechanisms. Don't get me wrong, its cool that you can do it but you're at the mercy of your network (for example) when you start running stuff on a remote box.

K.I.S.S.
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modifié il y a 14 années.

RE: Opensocial Gadgets vs WSRP Porltets

Expert Publications: 373 Date d'inscription: 27/08/04 Publications récentes
Yes, OpenSocial integration / implementation is on the roadmap but is tentatively for Q1 2010.