Forums de discussion

Scope for Portlets

thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 15 années.

Scope for Portlets

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
Portlets should have automatic scope. If I put a portlet (Calendar for example) on a page, it should automatically "sense" what group of pages it is on and display the appropriate information. Let's say that we have an Org called BobCo. BobCo's Accounting Department does NOT care if the Engineering Department is having a staff meeting. Hand configuring the Calendar portlet for Accounting and Engineering and maybe a few hundred other departments is really painful.
thumbnail
Dave Butland, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Scope for Portlets

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 28/02/09 Publications récentes
I agree for most portlets (and I thought they did) but calendars are much more complex than that. Events should have a scope too.
Andrew Gruhn, modifié il y a 15 années.

New Member Publications: 17 Date d'inscription: 09/03/09 Publications récentes
I (somewhat) flatly disagree. Portlets should allow for scope to be defined. We've got an implementation with many sibling organizations. Adding a navigation portlet to any particular page scopes that portlet to the organization (great! the portlet's got automatic scope!).

but when we want to use a portlet to provide "global" navigation across all available organizations... (not so great, the portlet's got automatic scope).
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2034 Date d'inscription: 05/03/09 Publications récentes
Since Organizations are basically virtual hosts, why would you have multiple orgs? I'm trying to get a feel for the use case on that.
thumbnail
Chris Wirth, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 08/05/09 Publications récentes
We are a school and we map liferay "orgs" to each of our departments. Our main intranet portal is the Guest community -- each dept is an org. Each org can have public and private pages which allows for public content on the public pages and departmental content on the private pages. That's just how we use Orgs.

The scope thing I can see both sides on. Lisa I agree that there should be a default scope defined by the context of the portlet's context, but I've also struggled with creating more open access to some portlets...globally.

Like right now -- how the heck do I set permissions on the Directory Portlet to allow for guest access to it??????

The view permissions for the portlet come up grey-ed out when I try to give "view" to guest on the Directory portlet... ; (

-Chris
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modifié il y a 14 années.

I think you need to add "Guest" to the portlet in the control panel.
thumbnail
Chris Wirth, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 77 Date d'inscription: 08/05/09 Publications récentes
No, you actually have to change some source because "view" permissions for the Guest role are hardcoded off.

You have to create a portal.xml file in \classes\resource-actions in order to enable "guest" "view" permissions.

Liferay is like a hot chick that you date and then, only a few months into it, you realize there are things about her that if you'd known at the beginning, you might have broken up...

-Chris