Forums de discussion

Why everyone can only see his own microblogs?

Hongsi Hu, modifié il y a 11 années.

Why everyone can only see his own microblogs?

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 10/04/13 Publications récentes
We've already set everyone can see the post
However no other people can see it, except his own post

Why is that?
thumbnail
dave ch, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Why everyone can only see his own microblogs?

Regular Member Publications: 161 Date d'inscription: 07/02/12 Publications récentes
Hi Honqsi,
You need to update socialrelation table in your db in order to share your posts with other users.

Let me know if you face any issue.

Thanks,
Dave
Hongsi Hu, modifié il y a 10 années.

I figure out that soon after i post it. Thx all the same, but now it is private messaging troubles me. I can't send pm to any one. Do i need to have a 'connection' to the other one? but why no one see the connection request? Is this request posted via pm or email? I can't send the request again, that's the problem.

Regards
Hongsi
thumbnail
Mandy Zia, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 22/06/10 Publications récentes
Hi Hongsi,

By default, you can only send a private message to someone who is your connection. When you view someone else's profile and click the button to add them as a connection, that request will show up in their notifications bar, which is the number next to the Dashboard button. They can respond to your request by either confirming or ignoring your request. Once you've sent a connection request, you won't be able to send it again unless the other user clicked ignore. Please let me know if there's any other issues. Thanks!

- Mandy

Hi Mandy
Nobody sees that 'notifications bar', we've all add connection to each other but none of us received any request. And did you mean the portal logo by dashboard button?

Regards,
Hu Hongsi
Aaron Delani, modifié il y a 10 années.

thumbnail
Mandy Zia, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 22/06/10 Publications récentes
Do your users have the "Social Officer User" role? Enabling Social Office for your users would give them access to their Dashboard and other functionalities. One easy way to tell if your user has the role is that user/dockbar will look something like this:

Pièces jointes:

Thank you! That's the solution.

Regards,
Hu Hongsi
Marcos Laurito, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 99 Date d'inscription: 18/04/13 Publications récentes
dave ch:
Hi Honqsi,
You need to update socialrelation table in your db in order to share your posts with other users.

Let me know if you face any issue.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi, i'm facing the same problem (microblogs posted on Organization Site can only be seen by the author but not by the others). You said we have to "update socialrelation table in your db", what does ir means?? And how do you do that?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
dave ch, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 161 Date d'inscription: 07/02/12 Publications récentes
Hi Marcos,

That means, while you are using your MB portlet, you need to update a table named "sociarelation" so others (Users) can see posts. You need to keep a unique relationId for every relation ( relation b/w user1 and user2 ), type_( table column ) you can keep " 8 " for every field.

While i have used a hook for this, any one can easily update manually.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks,
dave
Taha junifais, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 23/12/12 Publications récentes
Hi dave,
I am new in liferay, just installed the SocialOffice and facing this problem, as user can only see his own microblogs. Could not understand how to update sociarelation table.
When a user sent a connection request to other user, other user did not get any request, same problem with the messages. Please help.

Thanks
Taha