Forums de discussion

PRG Pattern - post redirect get - faces-redirect=true

Bart Van den Abeele, modifié il y a 11 années.

PRG Pattern - post redirect get - faces-redirect=true

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 22/06/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

I'm developing a simple JSF 2 portlet with richfaces. I can't seem to get "faces-redirect=true" to work. I have a form with a submit button. When i submit everything works fine. When i press refresh in the browser, the post action is triggerd again. To prevent it from triggering again, i added "?faces-redirect=true" to my action. However, this does not work. When i refresh after i submitted the form, the form is submitted a second time.

public String save() throws SystemException 
	{
		if (book.getBookId() == 0)
		{
			long id = CounterLocalServiceUtil.increment(Book.class.getName());
			book.setBookId(id);

BookLocalServiceUtil.addBook(book);
		}
		else
		{
			BookLocalServiceUtil.updateBook(book);	
		}		
		return "books?faces-redirect=true";
	}

public String delete(Book book) throws SystemException, PortalException, IOException
	{
		BookLocalServiceUtil.deleteBook(book);		
		return "books?faces-redirect=true";
	}

Am i doing something wrong? Or is this not yet supported?

grtz,
Bart
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: PRG Pattern - post redirect get - faces-redirect=true

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Liferay Faces Bridge supports redirection during navigation. It can be done with faces-redirect=tue (like you are using) or by specifying <redirect /> in a navigation-rule inside of the WEB-INF/faces-config.xml descriptor.

If you're doing the redirect with Ajax enabled like this, then it should work:

<h:commandButton action="#{backingBean.save}">
<f:ajax execute="@form" />
</h:commandButton>

This is because the jsf.js library that ships with JSF2 will do a redirect via JavaScript.

But if you're not using it with Ajax (full postback that invokes the ACTION_PHASE) of the portlet lifecycle, then it's not going to work in Liferay Portal. because (for performance reasons) the portlet container implementation of Liferay Portal does not implement the post-redirect-get pattern within the portlet lifecycle. When this happens, the redirect will be ignored and treated like normal JSF navigation.
Bart Van den Abeele, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 22/06/12 Publications récentes
Hi Neil,

The solution you proposed works. Thx for the clear explanation!

grtz,
Bart
thumbnail
Peter Mesotten, modifié il y a 9 années.

Junior Member Publications: 45 Date d'inscription: 04/02/09 Publications récentes
Hi Neil,

Does that mean that POST-REDIRECT-GET will never work for JSF 1, because we don't have Ajax there?
Are there any alternatives that work for JSF 1?

Thanks!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
You can check PrettyFaces project, I used successfully some years ago:

http://ocpsoft.org/prettyfaces/
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 3089 Date d'inscription: 28/10/08 Publications récentes
BTW, I've never tested in Liferay (only in non-portlet environment).
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 9 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
@Juan: We are using PrettyFaces to simulate Liferay Friendly URLs with the new showcase-webapp we are developing for Liferay Faces. Since it is a servlet-based technology and due to the experience we've gathered, I would say that it is largely incompatible with portlets.

@Peter: We recently fixed FACES-1557 which (I think) may give you the "redirect" functionality you require. For Liferay 6.2, I would recommend that you download the 2.2.5-ga6-SNAPSHOT versions of the Liferay Faces jar artifacts from the snapshot repository and see if it works for you. For Liferay 6.1, download version 2.1.5-ga6-SNAPSHOT.