Forums de discussion

among liferay MVC and Spring MVC which one is better

thumbnail
iqbal ahmed, modifié il y a 11 années.

among liferay MVC and Spring MVC which one is better

Junior Member Publications: 25 Date d'inscription: 18/04/12 Publications récentes
Hi guys,

there are lot of MVC framework in the market but we am interested in Liferay MVC and spring MVC, for our client we need to suggest which one to use among this
can anyone who has worked in both the framework help us in this. we have lot of widgets to develop.we have 2 options

1) using liferay MVC along with ALLOY UI. but Alloy UI don't have grid. we can use search container has grid.
2) using Spring MVC along with Jquery. for grid we are planning to use jqgrid.

Can anyone help us with reasons which one is better option among these two for portlet development.

Thanks in advance emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: among liferay MVC and Spring MVC which one is better

Liferay Legend Publications: 14914 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I'd say go w/ the one that you have familiarity with. That will make you the most successful.

Liferay MVC is appropriate if you're okay w/ following the struts 2/jsp and AUI. It has the least system impact.

Spring MVC is appropriate if you're using another view technology, i.e. jsf, facelets, etc.

jQuery is not so easy to answer. Liferay will already have AUI loaded (can't avoid that), but loading jQuery in can affect the browser. Rather than just one javascript framework in memory, the browser will now have two.
thumbnail
Manish Yadav, modifié il y a 11 années.

Expert Publications: 493 Date d'inscription: 26/05/12 Publications récentes
Its totally depends upon your requirements.If you have very complex flow of your application then better to go with spring.otherwise if you have only requirement to show data in grid you can go with liferay MVC framework with liferay grid, data table [JQUERY]or jqugrid as you already suggested
Nilang I Patel, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 31 Date d'inscription: 26/07/11 Publications récentes
Hi iqbal,

As suggested by Manish, it depends on your requirement. If you want your portlet to do just simple thing, choose Liferay MVC. if you wish to do many things with complex render / resource logic and if you want the o/p of portlet is not just JSP but other view technologies like freemaker, velocity, PDF etc, you may choose Spring MVC Portlet.

You may refer my blog on Spring MVC vs Liferay MVC portlet in liferay to understand the core differences and similarities between these framework which help you to decide which one to choose.

Regards
Nilang