Forums de discussion

trying to get bridgeRequestScopePreserved to work

Bart Van den Abeele, modifié il y a 11 années.

trying to get bridgeRequestScopePreserved to work

New Member Publications: 10 Date d'inscription: 22/06/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

I'm toying around with the jsf bridge to see whether we can use it for our next project. I am testing it on 61.20EEga2. I've create a simple liferay jsf portlet project with a simple plugin. I got my portlet to work. I'm having problems with bridgeRequestScopePreserved. When i add an other portlet to the page, let's say the blogs portlet and i do actions in this portlet, the values of my jsf portlet disappear. I've configured it in the web.xml of the portlet project (see attachement). I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I'm also new to jsf so perhaps i'm missing something.

I've also update the project to work with the latsted jars from jsf : 3.1.1-ga2.

grtz,
Bart
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: trying to get bridgeRequestScopePreserved to work

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Hi Bart,

Is your JSF portlet making use of Ajax for form submission? The bridgeRequestScopePreserved=true feature will only help in a full page postback (non-Ajax) scenario.

Best Regards,

Neil

Hi Neil,

It seems that way. It uses ajax for form submittion. I don't really know how to turn it of. Is it perhaps because i use IceFaces 3? Or can i configure it somehow?

My form :

<h:form>
<h:inputText id="name" value="#{helloWorld.name}"></h:inputText>
<h:commandButton value="Welcome Me" action="#{helloWorld.doNothing}" />
<h2><h:outputText id="output" value="#{helloWorld.name}" /></h2>
</h:form>

grtz,
Bart

I switched away from ice-faces to rich-faces and now it works.

grtz,
Bart
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
OK good to know. Glad things are working for you now. ICEfaces will auto-ajaxify all the forms, and so it needs to be manually turned off.