Forums de discussion

Demos do not compile on 6.1 EE version

Wim van der Vegt, modifié il y a 11 années.

Demos do not compile on 6.1 EE version

New Member Publications: 7 Date d'inscription: 08/07/10 Publications récentes
Hi

I tried to compile the icefaces3 and jfs2 demo portlets on liferay 6.1.12 and found they cannot be compiled as is.

The problem is the ruby sas checker that is runned during build cannot handlke the EL expression in /resources/example/example.css

regards
Wim van der vegt
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Demos do not compile on 6.1 EE version

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Hi Wim,

When you wrote "6.1.12" did you mean "6.1.20"?

Also, what branch of Liferay Faces are you using in your build with the compile failure? If you follow the Building Liferay Faces From Source wiki article, then you would be working with the master branch. You might want to "git checkout 3.1.x" in order to make sure you're working with the branch that is compatible with Liferay 6.1.x.

Best Regards,

Neil

Hi Neil,

Yes 6.1.20 and i used the demos that can be downloaded from http://www.liferay.com/community/liferay-projects/liferay-faces/demos. I downloaded the 6.1.20 demos.

It;s the example.css where liferay developer studio 1.6.1 fails (the sas/ruby code cannot handle the EL syntax in the css and fails, aborting the compile). Renaming the css works (as it's in that case not checked anymore).

The line:
background: url( '#{resource['example:clipboard.png']}' ) no-repeat top left;

causes the sas code to fail.

Finally I'd rather not build from source as I probably end up with some daily build unsuitable for production purposes.

regards
WIm van der Vegt
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Hi Wim,

I just downloaded version 3.1.1-ga2 of the jsf2-portlet and icefaces3-portlet from the Liferay Faces Demos page and deployed them in liferay-portal-6.1.20-ee-ga2 with Tomcat 7 and they worked OK in my tests. I'm not sure why they would not be working in your environment. Are you using Tomcat?

Best Regards,

Neil

HI Neil

The key word was compile not deploy ;-).

The liferay SASS CSS Parser that runs during compilation in the Liferay IDE trips on the css file I mentioned because it does not support EL in css.

The bridge supports JSF2 it so deployment works (if you get it compiled or deploy the war files you mentioned, which are already compiled).

regards
Wim van der Vegt
thumbnail
Vernon Singleton, modifié il y a 11 années.

Expert Publications: 315 Date d'inscription: 14/01/13 Publications récentes
Wim van der Vegt:
The key word was compile not deploy ;-).

Hi Wim,

For your specific case, as a jsf developer, you may want to comment out a line from the following file:
Liferay_Developer_Studio/liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.20/portlets/build-common-portlet.xml

The line is this:
<antcall target="build-css" />

I reproduced your error, and then commented the line out like this:
<!-- antcall target="build-css" / -->

And now the ant build script does not have the issue you were seeing.
This will prevent your css from getting caught in the SassToCssBuilder.
If you would like to see the Liferay plugins SDK patched to fix this,
feel free to open up an issue in LESA.

Hope that helps,
Vernon