Forums de discussion

Liferay Faces - RichFaces CSS Load Problem

Lucas A Blancher, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Faces - RichFaces CSS Load Problem

Junior Member Publications: 32 Date d'inscription: 04/06/08 Publications récentes
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot my issue. I have created a portlet that combines Liferay 6.0.6CE, Liferay Faces 3.0.1-ga2 and Richfaces 4.2.2Final. When I open the portlet, sometimes the CSS gets loaded and some time it does not. Most the the time, when I do a Shift + Reload the CSS will be loaded in the page, but sometimes it is not. Also, often when a normal reload is performed, the CSS is not loaded. Also, generally the first time visiting a page does not load the CSS. When using firebug, there are significantly more CSS files loaded when the styling is displayed, compared to when it is not(when styling is not applied, at least 1 CSS file is still loaded).

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue as it is very erratic and does not seam to follow any pattern as to when the CSS is loaded. If anyone has any idea's as to what i can try to fix the problem, or try to continue troubleshooting it would be appreciated.

Regards,
Lucas

RE: Liferay Faces - RichFaces CSS Load Problem

Junior Member Publications: 32 Date d'inscription: 04/06/08 Publications récentes
I have attached two screen shots of the demo Richfaces application for download in from the Liferay Faces site. The Good.png file shows when everything is ok, in this case when the page is first loaded. Then if I press reload, After Realod.png is what I get. All browsers(IE, Firefox,Chrome) show the same results.

Regards,
Lucas
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Are you running Tomcat or perhaps an app server like JBoss AS or GlassFish? One thing I would recommend is that you use "View->Developer->Developer Tools" in Chrome and then click on the "Network" tab to see if you are getting HTTP error codes for the missing resources.

Hi Neil,
I'm running in Jboss 4.2.3, with upgraded jsf libraries(2.1.8). There are no error codes, but when the resources fail there are a lot of 304 status codes. This problem also appears in the IceFaces and PrimeFaces demo's as well.

Lucas
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
Could you try it with JBoss 5.1? I think that's the version that 6.0.6 CE is bundled with:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Portal/6.0.6/

Hi Neil,
Upgrading the Jboss stack would take a large amount of effort(not impossible, but...). Any idea's on what might be up? Could it be a difference in Tomcat versions, compatibility, etc... I'm just not sure where to continue my troubleshooting, any suggestions on things to check would be appreciated.

Regards,
Lucas
thumbnail

Hi Lucas,

I'm just suggesting that you try a test with the Liferay 6.0.6 CE + JBoss 5.1 bundle. Also I would recommend a test with the Liferay 6.0.6 + Tomcat 6 bundle.

If the problem happens in those newer versions that we can look more deeply into the issue. JBoss 4.2.x is not supported in any of our Liferay Faces test configurations here at Liferay.

Thanks,

Neil