Forums de discussion

Polish language translation

thumbnail
Tomasz Wojewodka, modifié il y a 15 années.

Polish language translation

Junior Member Publications: 56 Date d'inscription: 07/09/07 Publications récentes
Hi all,

We've been working on Polish language translation.
In the attachment you'll find our translation updated to the 5.1.2 version.

Because there is an interest we would like to make our work public in early stage to get feedback from Polish community.

This version is not production ready yet.

Please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Jorge have posted a message with information that the 5.2.0 version is going to be released by the end of this week or beginning of the next one - so please do it as soon as possible.

In the meantime I'll be working on testing this translation and updating it to the trunk version, so we can contribute production ready translation to 5.2.0.

PS
remove the '.txt' file extension - I've add this because file upload validator does not allow .properties and .native extensions.
Jorge - could you fix that? It would be helpful in this category emoticon
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: Polish language translation

Liferay Legend Publications: 2871 Date d'inscription: 31/08/06 Publications récentes
Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for the translation, I don't know anything about Polish so I can't review it, but let me know when you think it's ready and I'll commit it.

Regarding uploading files, I think it's better if we just upload them all to JIRA tickets. If they are not fully ready yet we can adopt a naming convention. For example:

Language_pl.properties-candidate1.native

And then post a message in this forums to let everybody know about it. The benefit of this is that we keep all files be them final or not in a central location (JIRA), making it easier to keep track of them in the future. What do you think?
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 56 Date d'inscription: 07/09/07 Publications récentes
Jorge Ferrer:

(...) let me know when you think it's ready and I'll commit it.

OK, I'll let you know.
We're working on that.

Jorge Ferrer:

Regarding uploading files, I think it's better if we just upload them all to JIRA tickets. If they are not fully ready yet we can adopt a naming convention. For example:

Language_pl.properties-candidate1.native

And then post a message in this forums to let everybody know about it. The benefit of this is that we keep all files be them final or not in a central location (JIRA), making it easier to keep track of them in the future. What do you think?

I think it's a good idea. Next releases I'll upload in that way.
Przemyslaw Lupinski, modifié il y a 15 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 15/01/09 Publications récentes
Thanks for your very good job.

My suggestions:
"Domyślne skojarzenia użytkownika" in Administracja przedsiębiorstwem / Ustawienia
in my opinion, the better is "Domyślne przypisania użytkownika"

"po jednej parze na wiersz" in Administracja przedsiębiorstwem / Ustawienia
in my opinion, the better is "po jednej nazwie na wiersz"

"Data ważności" in Ankiety
in my opinion, the better is "data wygaśnięcia", because "data ważności" - "nigdy" isn't correct.
thumbnail

Przemek - thanks for your suggestions.
All of them will be included.

I'll do it for trunk earlier because it's more urgent.
I'll update 5.1.2 later.

Waiting for other suggestions :-).

In trunk (5.2.0) there will be a change from 'journal' to 'web content'.
How would you translate that?
We're going to use "Zawartość stron" until we find something more suitable.
thumbnail

I've just committed Polish translations for core, knowledge-base-portlet and wiki-navigation-portlet.

They're probably not perfect, but I think that they should be included in the 5.2.0.

Jorge - commit it ASAP please.
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modifié il y a 15 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2871 Date d'inscription: 31/08/06 Publications récentes
Awesome job Tomasz!

I've just finished committing your changes so 5.2.0 will get Polish as a brand new language thanks to you.
thumbnail

Jorge Ferrer:
Awesome job Tomasz!

I've just finished committing your changes so 5.2.0 will get Polish as a brand new language thanks to you.

Thanks Jorge.

I would like to say thank you to my teammates that helped me with translations:
- Karol Fota,
- Przemysław Jesionek,
- Mariusz Nosiński,
- Bartosz Radko,
- Łukasz Tkacz,
- Tomasz Pacan

They had to listen to my frequent questions 'how would you translate ...?'.

Przemyslaw Lupinski also sent his suggestions - thanks.

Anyway, all the mistakes are my fault :-).
If you find one - let me know.
thumbnail

Jorge,

During another test iterations I've made few improvements (JIRA issue) that would be nice to see in i 5.2.0 distribution.

Hope it's not to late...
thumbnail

Hi,

I've reopened JIRA issue with small improvements.

If it's possible include it to 5.2.0, please.

PS
How can I prepare a properties file into the form that Brian is doing? Only change the newline characters to MS standard?
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 15 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

Thank you very much Tomasz,

it's been included now. emoticon
thumbnail

Hi Julio,

Thanks for commiting that :-)

PS

During tests of the changes commited by you I've updated sources and rebuild them.
I've found that I can't switch to another language through Languages portlet.
I've created a new JIRA ticket.
If it's a bug it would be good to fix it before 5.2.0 bundles are generated.
Artur Korol, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 96 Date d'inscription: 02/03/09 Publications récentes
Hi,

Is anyone taking care of translation improvement? Very good job but I've noticed some mistakes. And for 5.2.3 version some translation is missing.

--------
Np. W panelu sterowania->Ustawienia->Uwierzytelnianie->LDAP jest dwa razy Nazwisko na etykietach. Za pierwszym razem (Full Name) powinno być: Imię i nazwisko (bo nazwa pełna to chyba nie ..)

W forum dyskusyjnym jest nieprzetłumaczone: Search this category (Szukaj w tej kategorii, przeszukaj kategorię ???)
UPDATE:
Podobnie jest w Bilbliotece dokumentów, nieprzetłumaczone jest: Search this category (przycisk widoczny gdy się wejdzie do jakiegokolwiek folderu).

Jest więcej tego ale nie zapisywałem na bieżąco.

Artur
thumbnail
Tomasz Wojewodka, modifié il y a 14 années.

Hello,

Artur Korol:

Is anyone taking care of translation improvement? Very good job but I've noticed some mistakes. And for 5.2.3 version some translation is missing.
Artur

We're working on it.

Please report any mistakes or missing translations - any feedback will be appreciated.
thumbnail
Mariusz Górski, modifié il y a 14 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 09/06/09 Publications récentes
W konfiguracji Wygląd i zachowanie portletów na zakładkach Style ramki i Margines i wyrównanie oryginalne Top przetłumaczone jest jako Najpopularniejsze zamiast Góra.
Możliwe, że jeśli jest tylko jedno określenie Top w wersji oryginalnej, to warto się pokusić o jego rozdwojenie na dwa znaczenia.

Przy okazji warto by uporządkować te etykiety żeby było Górny, Prawy, Dolny, Lewy albo Góra, Prawo, Dół, Lewo, bo teraz jest Najpopularniejszy, Prawo, Dół, Lewy.
thumbnail

Witam,

dziękuję za zgłoszenia, postaram się zaktualizować tłumaczenie oraz nanieść zgłoszone poprawki do najbliższego poniedziałku.
W między czasie proszę o przesyłanie kolejnych sugestii.
thumbnail

Zgodnie z zapowiedzią zamieściłem zaktualizowane tłumaczenie do wersji 5.2.3.
Naniosłem zgłoszone poprawki dotyczące kierunków (prawy, lewy etc.), przeszukiwania kategorii oraz atrybutów w sekcji LDAP.
Dodatkowo dodałem trochę poprawek, które sam znalazłem oraz uzupełniłem tłumaczenie o nowe zwroty.

Pliki z tłumaczeniem są dostępne w tym zgłoszeniu.
Wersja dla 5.2.3 ma w nazwie 'update2'.

Jeszcze raz dziękuję za zgłoszenia i uwagi.
Baris Sener, modifié il y a 14 années.

Expert Publications: 278 Date d'inscription: 23/06/09 Publications récentes
How do you implement these language files into Liferay?
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 14 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1668 Date d'inscription: 15/07/08 Publications récentes
thumbnail

Hi,

Baris Sener:
How do you implement these language files into Liferay?

As in a link that Julio gave you, you can find language files in portal-impl.jar and replace appropriate ones.

It is inconvenient, so we've made a hook (war file) that you can hot deploy to the server - it works well for us.

Just change the file extension from ".zip" to ".war".
thumbnail

Tomasz Wojewodka:
Hi,

As in a link that Julio gave you, you can find language files in portal-impl.jar and replace appropriate ones.

It is inconvenient, so we've made a hook (war file) that you can hot deploy to the server - it works well for us.

Just change the file extension from ".zip" to ".war".

Baris - our hook is a temporary fix to Polish language translation between releases of Liferay.
If you're going to add a new lang you should definitely follow the wiki article regarding Translations.
thumbnail
Julio Camarero, modifié il y a 12 années.

Hi guys,

you can also start using the online tool for translations.

I haven't found any of you there to give you permissions to translate liferay to Polish. (Note that the portal project is not there yet but will be in the following weeks).
thumbnail
Tomasz Wojewódka, modifié il y a 12 années.

Hello Julio,

I've logged in, thanks for info.
I didn't know about this project :-)
thumbnail

You can now approve translations Tomasz emoticon
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modifié il y a 12 années.

Regular Member Publications: 246 Date d'inscription: 08/06/09 Publications récentes
Tomasz,

I want my employee to take Leadership in Polish Translation team. Joanna (she is already mentioned on translations wiki) has lot of time for translations and she is good with webapplications. Do you agree to pass the leadership to her? emoticon

Szymon
thumbnail
Tomasz Wojewódka, modifié il y a 12 années.

Hi Szymon,

Szymon Gołębiewski:
Tomasz,

I want my employee to take Leadership in Polish Translation team. Joanna (she is already mentioned on translations wiki) has lot of time for translations and she is good with webapplications. Do you agree to pass the leadership to her? emoticon

Szymon

I see that you're active community member and work for a company that uses Liferay a lot.

I don't have much time to contribute, so of course I agree.

Good luck Joanna! :-D

--
Tomek
thumbnail
Joanna Wolkowska, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Publications: 5 Date d'inscription: 02/08/11 Publications récentes
Cheers, Tomek :-)
thumbnail
Grzegorz Kucner, modifié il y a 13 années.

Junior Member Publications: 39 Date d'inscription: 26/01/09 Publications récentes
Tomek are you still working on polish translation?

In Liferay 6 it looks really bad. Do you have you new Language_pl.properties for this Liferay version?
thumbnail
Szymon Gołębiewski, modifié il y a 13 années.

Regular Member Publications: 246 Date d'inscription: 08/06/09 Publications récentes
Maybe we should do tranlsation from scratch our way? My first change will be "Etykiety" to "Tags" (I've never heard any one in Poland using word "Etykiety" for CMS emoticon ).
thumbnail
Tomasz Wojewodka, modifié il y a 12 années.

Szymon Gołębiewski:
Maybe we should do tranlsation from scratch our way? My first change will be "Etykiety" to "Tags" (I've never heard any one in Poland using word "Etykiety" for CMS emoticon ).

I think that at least a refreshment would be welcome ;)

Regarding tags - when I was doing first transtlation "Etykiety" were good in my opinion. I thing that today users know what it is all about.
Anyway at this moment I think that "Tagi" are more common.

In Wordpress they translate it as "Tagi". Drupal is using "Znaczniki", Joomla both "Tagi" and "Znaczniki".

In my opinion "Tagi" would be more appropriate.

What do you think?
thumbnail
Tomasz Wojewodka, modifié il y a 12 années.

Hi Grzegorz,

Grzegorz Kucner:
Tomek are you still working on polish translation?
In Liferay 6 it looks really bad. Do you have you new Language_pl.properties for this Liferay version?

Sorry that it took me a while to respond.

I couldn't spent as much time on translating Liferay as I would like.
I've started to transtlate Liferay 6 some time ago, but it was only a few dozens of lines.

There is a lot of work to be done.

Anyone interested to help?
thumbnail
jackson heliyam, modifié il y a 12 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 16/12/11 Publications récentes
hello everyone!

Its good ideas, I am a translation and now want to be a part of your community. I can help you on all languages.
thumbnail

Hi Jackson,

thanks for your offering! we are very happy to welcome you to our community. In order to collaborate you just need to go to translate.liferay.com with your liferay screnname and password and start translating! emoticon

Please, avoid adding links to external pages in these forums.

Thank you!