Forums de discussion

JBoss-EL in portlet demos

Jan Tošovský, modifié il y a 11 années.

JBoss-EL in portlet demos

Liferay Master Publications: 565 Date d'inscription: 22/07/10 Publications récentes
Dear All,

in http://www.liferay.com/community/liferay-projects/liferay-faces/demos page there is used JBoss EL implementation. Is it mandatory? I couldn't find it in current Maven repositories. Can I use this one instead?

<dependency>
   <groupid>org.glassfish.web</groupid>
   <artifactid>el-impl</artifactid>
   <version>2.2</version>
</dependency>

with these changes in the web.xml file
<context-param>
    <param-name>com.sun.faces.expressionFactory</param-name>
    <param-value>com.sun.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl</param-value>
</context-param>        

?

Thanks, Jan
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: JBoss-EL in portlet demos

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
You should be able to use the reference implementation of EL, so it is not mandatory to use JBoss-EL. The reason why JBoss-EL is used in the Liferay Faces demo portlets is because JBoss-EL supports passing parameters. While it is true that newer versons of the reference implementation support this feature, I *think* it only works with newer implementations of the Servlet API (like Servlet 3.0 / Tomcat 7). The Liferay Faces demo portlets sometimes pass parameters via EL and need to work in Tomcat 6 as well.
Jan Tošovský, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Master Publications: 565 Date d'inscription: 22/07/10 Publications récentes
Just for future reference, when the following repository is specified:
<repositories>        
   <repository>
      <id>jboss-releases</id>
      <url>https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases/</url>
   </repository>
</repositories>

the jboss-el can be defined this way:
<dependency>
   <groupid>org.jboss.el</groupid>
   <artifactid>jboss-el</artifactid>
   <version>2.0.1.GA</version>
</dependency>
thumbnail
Neil Griffin, modifié il y a 10 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 2655 Date d'inscription: 27/07/05 Publications récentes
I just wanted to mention that we created FACES-1892 in order to investigate an Upgrade of our 4.x branches from JBoss-EL to Unified-EL 2.2.
Jan Tošovský, modifié il y a 10 années.

Btw, in my Liferay instance running on tomcat 7 I don't specify any EL library at all so that tomcat's default is used. I haven't encounter any related issues yet. But my portlet are quite simple.