Forums de discussion

Knowledge base portlet in marketplace

thumbnail
Alex Weirig, modifié il y a 11 années.

Knowledge base portlet in marketplace

Junior Member Publications: 36 Date d'inscription: 13/07/09 Publications récentes
Hello,

I'm currently preparing our upgrade from 6.1.0GA1 to 6.1.1GA2. I downloaded the knowledge base portlet from the marketplace since GA2 doesn't include it anymore.

According to the documentation you have edit the portlet's source code to add some comma separated values into portlet.properties if you want to support sections in the Knowledge base. You then have to redeploy the portlet because "changing the file in the server's directory doesn't work".

How am I supposed to do that for an app that I download from the market place? What I get is a lpkg file.

Now lpgk is supposed to mean Liferay Package I guess and is nothing more than a zip file containing some liferay-marketplace.properties and the war file, but I am supposed to know all this?
Do I have to unzip the lpkg, import the war file into some IDE, edit the portlet.properties, package back into war and then package a new lpkg again? From what I see, the IDE is not offering support for the marketplace (yet)...

Am I missing something or is this the only way to get sections support in the portlet? It would be nice if this was possible through the admin interface in Control Panel.

Many thanks in advance for any hints.

Alex
thumbnail
Maarten van Heiningen, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Knowledge base portlet in marketplace

Regular Member Publications: 174 Date d'inscription: 05/02/09 Publications récentes
Hi Alex,

The file is a hot deployable package containing the portlet etc. You can deploy it into your deploy folder. If you use the tomcat bundle then it goes into "[YOUR ROOT SERVER PATH]\liferay-portal-6.1.20-ee-ga2\deploy\"

Once installed you can now edit the actual properties file and create a new one called portlet-ext.properties inside your portlet folder structure \webapps\[your portlet]\WEB-INF\

This is all there is to it. So you don't need to load it via your IDE.

Best,
Maarten
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Knowledge base portlet in marketplace

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
The original liferay.com's idea was to enable portlets to be deployable just be selecting it from the Control Panel -> Plugin Install

This all assumed Internet connection. If you don't have Internet connection, you'll have to first get Private Plugin from the Market Place.

After you deploy the Knowledge Base portlet from the Control Panel, you'll still need to create a portal-ext.properties file. This is just a current limitation because most portlets now allows settings to be modifiable from Control Panel or from portlet's "Configuration" page (click on Configuration from portlet's upper right corner icon).