Forums de discussion

Dockbar notifications

Denis Semenov, modifié il y a 11 années.

Dockbar notifications

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 23/10/12 Publications récentes
Hi,

I am quite newbie with SO (but not with Liferay). I downloaded Liferay 6.1.1-ce-ga2 with tomcat bundle and installed SO from market place.
Everything is working more or less Ok except one thing: User's Dockbar Notification. I read that the user should recive notification in dockbar when other users microblogs or comments something (of cause user is following to these users). But dockbar is absolutly clean. There is not sign of notification there. Did I miss something?

Thanks, Denis
Marcel Vlems, modifié il y a 10 années.

RE: Dockbar notifications

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 22/02/13 Publications récentes
I have the same problem. Ay solution for this?
Marcel Vlems, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 4 Date d'inscription: 22/02/13 Publications récentes
I already found out what the problems is, the user has to be part of the role 'Social Office user'. The notification number will appear in the dockbar.
thumbnail
dave ch, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 161 Date d'inscription: 07/02/12 Publications récentes
the user has to be part of the role 'Social Office user'. The notification number will appear in the dockbar.

Hi Marcel,

Could you please expand the above. What do you mean when you said "part of the role Social Office user" and is this is only in case of liferay default theme or this notification will also appear in case of custom theme also? What will appear if one has customized the dockbar?

Thanks,
Dave
thumbnail
dave ch, modifié il y a 10 années.

Regular Member Publications: 161 Date d'inscription: 07/02/12 Publications récentes
Okay, I got it. Thats true user have to be a part of "Social Office User" Role to get Notifications in the dockbar. But i am not getting any increase in number in the dockbar.
Let say i have two users, they both have Social Office User" Role, they both are connected as i can chat using SO chat protlet. But when an user is commenting on the other user post the other user must supposed to get notification(s), but in my case i am not getting any notification. The dockbar notification number remains 0.

Is i am still missing something? Do i need to configure any thing to get the notifications ?
Any idea?

Thanks,
dave
thumbnail
Mandy Zia, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 12 Date d'inscription: 22/06/10 Publications récentes
You have to give your user the Social Office user role in order for them to be able to use Social Office (which is indicated by the updated dockbar with the Dashboard button and Notifications count.)

Let say i have two users, they both have Social Office User" Role, they both are connected as i can chat using SO chat protlet. But when an user is commenting on the other user post the other user must supposed to get notification(s), but in my case i am not getting any notification.

Chat conversations won't show up as a notification in the dockbar - if this was the case, you could potentially have a lot of notifications that would clutter other important messages. Our user guide says this about what kind of notifications you are able to receive:

The Notifications button displays how many unread notifications you have. You’ll be notified upon receiving a private message, an invitation to join a site, a social connection request, or an event reminder.
Pranay Sanam, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 31 Date d'inscription: 14/08/12 Publications récentes
HI Mandy,

How can I add Blogs and message board comments to the notifications?

I mean If anybody comments on my blog post or the Post that I made in message boards, I should get that in the Dockbar notification area??

P.S. I am aware that email notifications feature is there for my requirement but I need these notifications to appear in Dockbar notification area.
thumbnail
Jonathan Lee, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 14 Date d'inscription: 16/09/10 Publications récentes
Hi,

For now, you will have to create your own implementation (These will be implemented in future portal version, possibly 7.0). To enable notification for other portal assest, you have to do three things,

1. Implement the code to send notification will an comment is created.
2. Add Notification handler to display the notification correctly,
3. Add User notification xml to define the type of notification.

You may look at the code in microblogs portlet on how to implement this.

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-plugins/tree/master/portlets/microblogs-portlet

Files of interest are :
1. MicroblogsEntryLocalServiceImpl.java (method : sendNotification())
2. MicroblogsUserNotificationHandler.java
3. microblogs-user-definitions-xml
4. liferay-portlet.xml

I will be making a documentation for this very soon.