Forums de discussion

Liferay 6.1 and Solr 3.6

thumbnail
Namrata Hangal, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay 6.1 and Solr 3.6

Regular Member Publications: 161 Date d'inscription: 27/07/10 Publications récentes
I tried to integrate Solr 3.6 with Liferay 6.1. Here's the story so far -

The resources in use are -
liferay 6.1
solr 3.6
solr-web plugin (which I know is for solr 1.4.1)
jboss 5.1

I kept running into errors while deploying the plugin. Checked a few forums that discuss integration of liferay with solr 3.5 and modified the schema. Post that I just altered the schema as and when the logs showed errors. Now I don't see any errors on neither the Liferay console nor the solr console. I even re-indexed Liferay, and no errors!

Now I have added content to Liferay - blogs, wiki, journal articles etc., and have run a few test searches. It has produced results fine. Even the Users and Organizations section in Control Panel displays results.

Even though I have no errors and am able to see search results, I'm not sure if I should believe the integration has been successful (skeptical)?! I have two questions -
1) how can I ascertain that the integration has been done properly? Any search scenarios that are known to fail when the integration is not correct?
2) sometimes, the search result (using OOB search portlet) is empty when it doesn't find any match. Can I change it to display a message like "no content found"? I guess using Lucene it does display a message like that when it fails to find a search result? Please correct me, if wrong.

Thanks!
Ljubisa Nedeljkovic, modifié il y a 11 années.

RE: Liferay 6.1 and Solr 3.6

New Member Envoyer: 1 Date d'inscription: 08/06/12 Publications récentes
Namrata Hangal:

1) how can I ascertain that the integration has been done properly? Any search scenarios that are known to fail when the integration is not correct?
2) sometimes, the search result (using OOB search portlet) is empty when it doesn't find any match. Can I change it to display a message like "no content found"? I guess using Lucene it does display a message like that when it fails to find a search result? Please correct me, if wrong.

Thanks!

Hi Namrata,
I don't know any scenario that fail when integration is not correct. I guess that extensive testing will give the results.
About the second question, the search portlet using lucene also doesn't show any message when nothing is found so it's same behaviour in your case.
Can You attach/paste the schema.xml? I would like to try it myself so I can tell You my experience with it. It would be great if it works.

Thanks!
tom mahy, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 38 Date d'inscription: 02/05/12 Publications récentes
are you able to post the schema.xml for liferay 6.1 and solr 3.6 ?
John Carter, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 53 Date d'inscription: 18/10/12 Publications récentes
Hi Everybody,

Any one get it working? solr3.6+liferay6.1.10 or higher version +jobss5.1
thumbnail
Rahul Bhattacharya, modifié il y a 10 années.

Junior Member Publications: 58 Date d'inscription: 16/01/10 Publications récentes
i integrated liferay with solr 3.6/4.2.
Follow the steps mentioned here
Emanuele Righetto, modifié il y a 10 années.

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 05/10/10 Publications récentes
with last versions of solr (4.4) you have to rewrite some classes because solr-core uses httpclient 4.x, witch is not compatible with httpclient 3.x used with solr previous to 4.0.
Not a big deal, most of work is on BasicAuthSolrServer fixing imports (and PoolingClientConnectionManager used instead of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager)