Forums de discussion

problem with wol portlet deploy

Robin S., modifié il y a 15 années.

problem with wol portlet deploy

Regular Member Publications: 116 Date d'inscription: 16/09/08 Publications récentes
Hi,

first of all i have to apologize for asking a stupid question, but i'm completely new to liferay and to all that portal portlet stuff and never did anything similar emoticon

i wanted to have the wol portlet.
so i went to http://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lportal/plugins/trunk/portlets/wol-portlet/
now my question is: which files do i need and what do i have to do with them to get a .war file?
to add it to my liferay i need the .war file, right?
i already added some other portlets, but only those which where in a .war archive.
i've already searched through this forum, but it seems like no one's newbie enough to ask such a question emoticon

thanks

edit: btw: Liferay 5.1.1 bundled with tomcat 6.0, windows and mysql
thumbnail
M Murali Krishna Reddy, modifié il y a 15 années.

RE: problem with wol portlet deploy

Junior Member Publications: 62 Date d'inscription: 16/05/08 Publications récentes
Hi Robin,

First try to checkout the plugins source from http://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lportal/plugins/trunk .

Then go and modify build.properties under the root directory to give the appserver location on which you have liferay installed.

After that go to wol-porlet directory and run "ant". It will deploy on liferay emoticon

-Murali

Regular Member Publications: 116 Date d'inscription: 16/09/08 Publications récentes
thanks for your help, but now i've faced another problem.

when executing the "ant" in /wol-portlet/ directory
it starts compiling but after ~40 seconds this error message appears

[...] \trunk\portlets\wol-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\src\com\liferay\wol\meetups\portlet\
MeetupsPortlet.java:29: package com.liferay.portal.security.permission does not
exist
[javac] import com.liferay.portal.security.permission.PermissionChecker;
[javac] ^

BUILD FAILED

i have no idea what to do, so i'd appreciate any help emoticon

can someone maybe post his folders and directories and explain where i have to put what in order to have everything at its right place, because i noticed my errormessages come from missing classes and packages which are at the wrong place or even completely missing.

would be a great help, because i really messed up my liferaydirectory

regards
thumbnail
khomeini syahril, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 56 Date d'inscription: 16/10/08 Publications récentes
M Murali Krishna Reddy:
Hi Robin,

First try to checkout the plugins source from http://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/lportal/plugins/trunk .

Then go and modify build.properties under the root directory to give the appserver location on which you have liferay installed.

After that go to wol-porlet directory and run "ant". It will deploy on liferay emoticon

-Murali

i checked out the link, and try to modify build.properties as you told, but it said not to edit it.
if i have to copy and have it saved into another folder, which folder is it? let say i have my Liferay installed in 'D:\liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.1.2'
so, i put it there? and which particular part i should change in the code? or do you have any edited build.properties, so i could get good picture?

and what did you mean about run 'ant', you lost me there emoticon
so sorry for this trouble..

best regards
thumbnail
M Murali Krishna Reddy, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 62 Date d'inscription: 16/05/08 Publications récentes
I'm attaching the same build.properties from my workspace. Just see the uncommented code for tomcat6.0 container. There instead of my location F:\installations\..... you should give your tomcat location

After that go to portlets\wol-portlet directory and do type "ant" in the command prompt. I think that should do your job.
thumbnail

Junior Member Publications: 56 Date d'inscription: 16/10/08 Publications récentes
mate, thx for the reply

i downloaded the file you attached onto my desktop, i edited as you explained and saved it on desktop, with the same name
i opened portlets/wol-porlet on your sourceforge page, and run 'cmd' and type 'ant'..nothing happened
anything ive missed?

best regards
thumbnail

Hi mUrali,
thx i got it right now

Khomeini
Vijay D Jadhav, modifié il y a 15 années.

New Member Publications: 6 Date d'inscription: 29/10/08 Publications récentes
I followed this message trail and tried building the project. I got the following error:

clean:

clean-portal-dependencies:

BUILD FAILED
D:\Installers\LifeRay\Custom-themes-downloaded\trunk\build.xml:9: The following
error occurred while executing this line:
D:\Installers\LifeRay\Custom-themes-downloaded\trunk\build.xml:16: Basedir D:\In
stallers\LifeRay\Custom-themes-downloaded\trunk\themes does not exist

Have I missed anything?
thumbnail

are trying to deploy WOL? which version of LR you are using? have any progress?

Yes, I am trying to deploy WOL. I am using LR5.1.1 with Tomcat 6.0.

As ant was not finding the themes folder duing clean operation, I added this manually in Trunk failed. Now, I get the following error:

BUILD FAILED
D:\Installers\LifeRay\Custom-themes-downloaded\trunk\build.xml:9: The following
D:\Installers\LifeRay\Custom-themes-downloaded\trunk\build.xml:16: The following
java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Installers\LifeRay\Custom-themes-downloaded\tr
unk\themes\build.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)
thumbnail

1.check your ANT_HOME path, has it configured correctly?
2.check your CATALINA_HOME, it has to be to your LR 5.1.1 folder
3. run 'cmd' to where it is you have your WOL-portlet saved, ex: c:\liferay-5.1.1\plugins\trunk\portlets\wol-portlet\
then type: ant deploy or ant clean deploy

if it's not working..download the attachment, and rename the ext, from .txt to .war
copy it and paste it into your autodeploy folder , ex: C:\Documents and Settings\<user login>\liferay\deploy

I have downloaded and succesfully installed your war file. Thanks,

Can you send me the download URL for wol portlet? I have downloaded trunk.tar.gz file (size 60,609 Kemoticon. Is this the correct file?

ps: My ant settings are correct.
thumbnail

it's:
https://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lportal/plugins/trunk/portlets/

but actually deploying the war i attached to you is enough

gudluck

Thanks, it worked

still doesn't work here,
after i deploy your .war liferay is not available anymore and there's a errormessage about a redirection(?)
same problem, when i try to deploy wol-portlet from trunk in liferay 5.1.2 via ant

any suggestions?
thumbnail

still doesn't work here,
after i deploy your .war liferay is not available anymore and there's a errormessage about a redirection(?)
same problem, when i try to deploy wol-portlet from trunk in liferay 5.1.2 via ant

any suggestions?

did you follow the rundown?
can you tell me where do you put your LR and the WOL, and how you deploy it so i can reproduce

Best Regards.
KHomeini

where my liferay is? you mean where I installed it? just on C:/program files/liferay

i deployed the war by putting your attached war file in the <user.home>liferay/deploy folder

tomcat prints the following:

09:53:51,539 INFO [PortletAutoDeployListener:87] Portlets for C:\...\liferay\deploy\wol-portlet-5.1.0.1.war copied successfully
09:54:22,691 ERROR [PortalClassLoaderServletContextListener:60] org.springframework.beans.
factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.Ser
viceInterceptor] for bean with name 'velocityServiceInterceptor' defined in ServletContext
resource [/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/misc-spring.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.Class
NotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceInterceptor
org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [com.lif
eray.portal.spring.aop.ServiceInterceptor] for bean with name 'velocityServiceInterceptor'
defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/misc-spring.xml]; nested ex
ception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceIntercep
tor

followed by a lot of other exceptions

firefox prints(roughly translated): the called website redirects your demand, so it never ends
opera: the url was redirected, please click on the link to get there ( by clicking on that link you end up on the same page )
thumbnail
Mohamed Ali, modifié il y a 15 années.

Junior Member Publications: 26 Date d'inscription: 29/10/07 Publications récentes
hi,

check out this file /WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/misc-spring.xml. In misc-spring.xml reffering the Service Intreceptor class.

ServiceInterceptor.class is removed.

Thanks,

still the same errors with the two browsers, but no exceptions anymore in tomcat

but still not working
thumbnail

Hi,
have you override the build.properties with your custom?
thumbnail
Gerhard Horatschek, modifié il y a 14 années.

Junior Member Publications: 86 Date d'inscription: 20/03/09 Publications récentes
Hi,
we also have a question concerning customizing/deploying the wol portlet:
we have downloaded the sources as zip files and using the extension environment. Then we have downloaded the wol portlet, with following directory-structure as result:
Portal
|__ext
|__portal-impl
|__portal-web and so on ...
|__wol-portlet
Where we have to place the wol portlet and which build tartget we have to execute for building/deploying the portlet to the tomcat?
Any ideas/recommendations?
Thank you.
Regards Gerhard