Forums de discussion

Difference between Private Pages and Public Pages

thumbnail
Yves LeGrand, modifié il y a 12 années.

Difference between Private Pages and Public Pages

Regular Member Publications: 156 Date d'inscription: 18/11/09 Publications récentes
Hi at all.

Very often I am facing the question, what are the Public Pages and what are the Private Pages?
In more detail: What is the exactly technical difference between the Public Pages and the Private Pages?

I know I can set the permissions of a page such the page is not visible for the guest user. As far as I understand, this Public Page is now the same as a Private Page, isn't it?

But maybe I forget important aspects about these type of pages. Are there some more things which differ between public and private pages?

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes,
Yves
thumbnail
Jignesh Vachhani, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Difference between Private Pages and Public Pages

Liferay Master Publications: 803 Date d'inscription: 10/03/08 Publications récentes
I am seeing the main difference,
Public pages can be accessible by everyone i mean guest users (According to permissions) but no any public user can view private page user must have to login to access this page.
thumbnail
Tanaji Londhe, modifié il y a 11 années.

Regular Member Publications: 194 Date d'inscription: 25/04/12 Publications récentes
Hey your saying that is right, but what about the user which is related to the particular Organization?
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 7942 Date d'inscription: 24/03/10 Publications récentes
I know I can set the permissions of a page such the page is not visible for the guest user. As far as I understand, this Public Page is now the same as a Private Page, isn't it?

No. There is a flag in layout table to distinguish between public and private pages. That is, pages can be distinguished by their groupid, parentLayoutid, and by whether they are private or public.

Look as LayoutLocalServiceUtil.getLayouts(long groupId, boolean privateLayout, long parentLayoutId)
thumbnail
Sachin Mane, modifié il y a 11 années.

Junior Member Publications: 76 Date d'inscription: 10/04/12 Publications récentes
Every entity in liferay has a set of Public and Private pages-

1. User
a. Public page - Visible to everyone
b. Private page - Only the owner user can see his private page.
2. Community
a. Public page - Visible to members + non-members
b. Private page - Visible to only members
3. Organization
a. Public page - Visible to members + non-members
b. Private page - Visible to only members.
4. Portal instance
a. Public page - All users connected to this portal instance can see
b. Private pages - All users logged in into this portal instance can see.

In liferay 6.1, the concept of community is removed and all we create a Site. A site has a set of public and private pages and there can be a site for each of the above entity.
thumbnail
Oliver Bildesheim, modifié il y a 11 années.

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 28/04/09 Publications récentes
Hello all

Is it correct, that i can only use page permissions to control access to public page, but access to private pages is granted to all registered and logged on users?

Regards,
Oliver
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1519 Date d'inscription: 07/08/06 Publications récentes
Private pages are only visible to members of the group regardless of any other permissions where as public pages are by default visible to everyone though you can remove permissions so that they are only visible to members. Private pages also requires the user to be logged in because of the requirement that they are only shown to members.
thumbnail

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 28/04/09 Publications récentes
Hi Mika

Mika Koivisto:
Private pages are only visible to members of the group regardless of any other permissions

"regardless of any other permissions" - so the "page permission" configuration is only relevant (out-of-the-box) for public pages? Thanks!

Regards,
Oliver
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modifié il y a 11 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 1519 Date d'inscription: 07/08/06 Publications récentes
Well the permissions do affect private pages too but you have to be a member before you can see them so you can still hide some private pages from members but not administrators.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 28/11/11 Publications récentes
When i remove the view permission from the site member role for a page, the page still is available as well in the (private) navigation as using its user-friendly URL. How could i hide a private page for a specific site role?
Julien Parmentier, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 05/09/16 Publications récentes
I'm using Liferay 7.0 GA2/GA3 and i'm facing the same problem for private page :
Permission page on portlet in a private page seems to be ignored.
need help, modifié il y a 7 années.

New Member Publications: 2 Date d'inscription: 07/09/16 Publications récentes
Julien Parmentier:
Permission page on portlet in a private page seems to be ignored.

I have exactly the same problem. Please help