Forums de discussion

January 2012 Community Leadership Team Meetup

thumbnail
James Falkner, modifié il y a 12 années.

January 2012 Community Leadership Team Meetup

Liferay Legend Publications: 1399 Date d'inscription: 17/09/10 Publications récentes
Hi all,

I'd like us to start thinking about the next Leadership Team meeting. I've proposed a few times in a Doodle, please visit the poll and enter the times at which you are available (do not forget to change the timezone to your local timezone). As always, we will use Skype. I will ping you separately if I do not have your skype contact info.

As for an agenda, I am still working on that, but we are going to go over the existing items discussed at the last meeting, talk about post-6.1 activities, and talk about the Liferay community in 2012. One of the things I'd like to concentrate on in 2012 is how we can evolve our community's structure to be more durable. We have good momentum going for existing community members, and even brought some of those that were "on the fence" into being more active with our community initiatives (bugsquad, 100 papercuts, user groups, etc). While those programs remain in place, I'd like us to look at better organizing the community into a structure more reflective of our open source nature, one that doesn't rely on people interested in Liferay solely to advance their own agendas (not that this is bad - just not as stable as I'd like and not as attractive to potential "new hires" in the community).

With Liferay Community Projects (we have one going already), a pseudo-hierarchy of project leaders (e.g. committers, contributors, observers), and some sort of governance model that clearly defines each group's role, I think we can attract more than just those community members who are essentially "forced" into our community by virtue of being assigned to a Liferay-related task at their daily jobs. And I believe those "outsiders" can provide valuable guidance to us on how to better evolve Liferay technology.

Anyway, the week before the meeting I'll sort out an official agenda, if nothing more than to encourage talking points and see where it goes! Looking forward to talking with you all..
thumbnail

RE: January 2012 Community Leadership Team Meetup

Liferay Legend Publications: 1399 Date d'inscription: 17/09/10 Publications récentes
Hi all,

Based on the results from the poll, it looks like we will have this month's leadership meeting this Thursday, January 26, at 1300 US/Pacific (2200 CET). Agenda forthcoming! We will also have a special guest speaker, Edwin Chung, VP of Product Management at Liferay, where we will discuss how our team can help guide the next evolution of Liferay.
thumbnail

RE: January 2012 Community Leadership Team Meetup

James Falkner:
Hi all,

Based on the results from the poll, it looks like we will have this month's leadership meeting this Thursday, January 26, at 1300 US/Pacific (2200 CET). Agenda forthcoming! We will also have a special guest speaker, Edwin Chung, VP of Product Management at Liferay, where we will discuss how our team can help guide the next evolution of Liferay.

I've created a document we will use during the meeting for minutes and notes.