Forums de discussion

Vaadin IPC plugin for Liferay

thumbnail
Sami Ekblad, modifié il y a 12 années.

Vaadin IPC plugin for Liferay

New Member Publications: 11 Date d'inscription: 08/09/09 Publications récentes
Hi all,

Just yesterday we released the stable 1.0.0 version of the Vaadin IPC for Liferay.

This component allow Vaadin portlets to communicate with each other without the need of refreshing the page or using a push engine. It uses the Liferay's JavaScript API that allows portlets to communicate without the need of refreshing the page.

This is much better than the standard inter-portlet communication (IPC) mechanism defined in the Portlet 2.0 specifications which requires the page to be reloaded when the communication takes page.

More information here: Inter-Portlet Communication for Liferay
Download: vaadin.com/addon/vaadin-ipc-for-liferay
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Vaadin IPC plugin for Liferay

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
I've used what I guess would be the unstable version. Worked like a charm!
thumbnail
Srikanth Shanigaram, modifié il y a 8 années.

Junior Member Publications: 55 Date d'inscription: 07/10/14 Publications récentes
Hi David,

This vaadin IPC plugin is very good.
But my requirement is different that two portlets are in different layouts then it is not working.
how can i do this one, i dont want to write code again in another portlet just i need to execute some bussiness logic.
Is it possible?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modifié il y a 8 années.

Liferay Legend Publications: 14919 Date d'inscription: 02/09/06 Publications récentes
Not with Vaadin IPC, that's only for portlets on the same page.

To use something cross pages you'd probably have to rely on classic IPC, but I don't know that I'd go that route myself. Whenever you see yourself crossing pages, you're beyond simple messaging and probably need some sort of persistent store.