Forums de discussion

Best practice redirect from a portlet

thumbnail
Max Gabrielsson, modifié il y a 12 années.

Best practice redirect from a portlet

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 09/03/09 Publications récentes
We have one cart portlet and one checkout portlet. When checkout is pressed in cart the checkoutportlet will be shown.

As i understand or what I have found out is (I might be wrong though):
The downside of using <liferay-portlet:renderURL portletName="another_WAR_package_INSTANCE_" ... /> is that the portlet will be shown for itself, without the posibility to show other portlets.
Using a hidden page the navigation will not show what tab the user is on. But a hidden page is easy for another checkout portlet to be used.
Using a journal article with embedded portlets might also solve the same problem, and can be configured with many portlets embedded.

Are there anymore downsides of using hiddens?
Has anyone done this, and how did you do it?

The main thing that I want to accomplish is that the checkout portlet is easy to exchange to another but still use the same cart or the opposite around.
thumbnail
Max Gabrielsson, modifié il y a 12 années.

RE: Best practice redirect from a portlet

New Member Publications: 9 Date d'inscription: 09/03/09 Publications récentes
I played around with hiddens and found out that a hidden subpage would make default themes appear as the user hasn't left the tab.

So what I do is put the key/ids from the cart on the session and then just have the user directed to the /checkout tab. And the checkoutportlet will render ackording to the session state.

Does anyone see a problem with this hierarchy/architecture or is this a good way to design a flow for an e-Commerce site?