Foros de discusión

Assign workflow to different webcontent

Deepak P, modificado hace 13 años.

Assign workflow to different webcontent

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 24/12/10 Mensajes recientes
I have multiple web contents and I want to assign different type of workflow for each.How to achieve it.
thumbnail
Thiago Leão Moreira, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: Assign workflow to different webcontent

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1449 Fecha de incorporación: 10/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Hi Deepak,

You can do that using different communities/organizations to have different workflows for the same type of asset (web content).

Community A - Workflow A - Web Content A
Community B - Workflow B - Web Content B
Deepak P, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 23 Fecha de incorporación: 24/12/10 Mensajes recientes
Thanks Thiago for your reply, But my requirement is quiet different.We are behalf of a feasibility study, to migrate a website to liferay which contain mulitple webcontent with different level of workflow and stuck with this issue.Is there any other practical solution
thumbnail
Thiago Leão Moreira, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1449 Fecha de incorporación: 10/10/07 Mensajes recientes
Got it! OOTB Liferay does not provide such solution you gonna have to customize it.
thumbnail
Nguyễn Cường, modificado hace 11 años.

New Member Mensajes: 11 Fecha de incorporación: 5/02/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Thiago emoticon
I have a similar question with Deepak's.
In Liferay, is it impossible to combine difference web contents ( web content A & web content B & .... ) within a single workflow definition (workflow X) ?
Thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Jonas Yuan, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 993 Fecha de incorporación: 27/04/07 Mensajes recientes
OOTB Liferay does not provide such solution, but you can define your custom asset (for example called Wish-List) wich bundle a list of web content (Journal Article) first, and then apply workflow on the custom asset.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
You'll have to put a condition in your workflow definition on which path to take depending on the portlet id.
thumbnail

Hi Jonas & Hitoshi.
Thanks for response.
But I am a new comer, I don't understand clearly:
1. How can bundle many portlets into one asset ?
2. How to put a condition in my workflow definition ?
Are there any document or tutorial that I can learn more detail. Would you like suggest for me emoticon
Thanks a lot
thumbnail

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
2. How to put a condition in my workflow definition ?

A simple approve/reject example is included in the Kaleo documentation:
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/administration/-/ai/workflow-with-kal-2

1. How can bundle many portlets into one asset ?

This question has been answered often enough in this forum. If you can't find it, please create a new thread because it's not concerned with the topic of this thread.
thumbnail

Oh, thank Hitoshi again emoticon Sorry, I have read that document but I can't apply in my case.
I am developing a recruitment project.
Assume that I have many portlets ( CV, the result of Review CV round, interview round ...) operating follow by a recruitment process.
I made a workflow definition from the recruitment process.
And I don't know by Kaleo workflow engine in Liferay, is it impossible to apply the recruitment workflow to all of the portlets ?
In my case, how do you think about others workflow engine like jBPM, Activiti or Aperte ?
thumbnail

We don't use Kaleo because it's not a standard workflow engine across the entire enterprise. We and our customer just want 1 workflow engine to use for all applications to keep learning and maintenance low. Unfortunately, Kaleo is just limited to use in liferay alone.

I am using jBPM and more recently Activiti because they can and is already being used in other applications.

That said, I have to say that Kaleo's integration with liferay is nice. It's may seem like it'll be a good fit for a small organization without any other application requiring workflow, but small organization usually don't require workflow in the first place.

This is another of my best practices: Don't use Kaleo, use a workflow engine that can be used in other applications as well.
Chun Wei Ho, modificado hace 10 años.

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 21/12/11 Mensajes recientes
If you are using Liferay 6.1 GA2, there is now an application to allow workflow selection by Web Content Structure Type.

So you can have in a single community:
Web Content Structure A - Workflow A
Web Content Structure B - Workflow A

If you are running an older Liferay version, you can click through to the source code of that app, which can be rebuilt verbatim for 6.1 GA1, and backported for 6.0.

I hope this helps with your scenario.