Foros de discusión

RE: Setting default "My Community" pages and layouts

Tim Carr, modificado hace 15 años.

Setting default "My Community" pages and layouts

Junior Member Mensajes: 51 Fecha de incorporación: 1/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hello...

I'm trying to setup a specific page layout using a .lar file for my user's My Community Public pages and disable their private pages. I've gone through the wiki article here and created the config below, but folks are still getting their private pages and not loading up the default .lar.

Here's my entries in my portal-ext.properties:
layout.user.private.layouts.enabled=false
layout.user.private.layouts.auto.create=false
layout.user.public.layouts.auto.create=true
default.user.public.layout.lar=${resource.repositories.root}/deploy/MyPublicPages.lar

And I've got the MyPublicPages.lar file in c:\liferay\liferay-portal-5.2.1\deploy directory. I'm running the bundled Tomcat 5.2.1 release.

What might I be missing?
Stan M, modificado hace 15 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 208 Fecha de incorporación: 28/01/08 Mensajes recientes
Maybe try using the full Windows path for default.user.public.layout.lar instead and restart the portal. *Untested*

Thanks, but no luck there. I still get the standard layout. I've also checked the log file - it's not kicking out any errors. Also, folks still have access to the private pages, so it looks like no part of this is working. Is perhaps there a major property that needs to get changed to get these things to be viable options?

Does anyone have an idea as to which logging property I need to turn up to try to capture what happens when someone logs in for the first time and pages are created / rights are denied?

Thanks...

RE: Setting default "My Community" pages and layouts - Resol

OK, found out what needs to happen.

1) Trying to use the {$resource...} in the file name for the .lar file doesn't work. I used a direct path.
2) You've got to use double slashes ( " \\ " ) in the path to get the system to recognize it. My statement that eventually worked was:

layout.user.public.layouts.auto.create=true
default.user.public.layouts.lar=C:\\Liferay\\liferay-portal-5.2.1\\deploy\\MyPublicPages.lar
Dennis Nes, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 55 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/09 Mensajes recientes
I have the same problem. After creation, it is just the same private page that was there before. Did you find a solution for this (LR 5.2.3)

Thanks
Oliver Bayer, modificado hace 14 años.

Liferay Master Mensajes: 894 Fecha de incorporación: 18/02/09 Mensajes recientes
Hi,

in liferay 5.2.3 you should use the following property:
#
# Specify a LAR file that can be used to create the user private layouts. If
# this property is set, the previous layout properties will be ignored.
#
#default.user.private.layouts.lar=[b]${liferay.home}[/b]/deploy/default_user_private.lar
#default.user.public.layouts.lar=[b]${liferay.home}[/b]/deploy/default_user_public.lar

Oli
Dennis Nes, modificado hace 14 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 55 Fecha de incorporación: 23/09/09 Mensajes recientes
Thank you. I tried it with full path, but didn't work. Now I know...
Frank Dux, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 4/02/08 Mensajes recientes
Using Liferay 6.0.5 on Tomcat 6 on XP, I had to use the full path and the double back-slashes to get this to work:

"layout.user.public.layouts.auto.create=true
default.user.public.layouts.lar=C:\\Liferay\\liferay-portal-6.0.5\\deploy\\MyPublicPages.lar"

NOTE: One conflict I had to remove was the User Group association which I had previously setup as the default association for new users. The User Group was automatically creating public/private user pages for new users within My Public Pages and My Private Pages. These page superceded the .lar import settings that I configured in portal-ext.properties, and had to be removed.

-- Frank