Foros de discusión

More Message board improvements

thumbnail
Jakub B, modificado hace 13 años.

More Message board improvements

Junior Member Mensajes: 82 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/09 Mensajes recientes
James,

I hate to hijack the thread, but in regards to bettering the forums / community, please make them 'better' for one, the moderators do not update their 'sticky' (example: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/572822) also I find it difficult that a user cannot 'private message' another user (for questions), they first have to ADD them as friend, to simply message them, there are a lot of things I see that need to be done to increase the transparancy for community members and make the forums more efficient. Why not turn this into a Q&A like stackoverflow / yahoo questions/answers.

/end thread hijack
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: More Message Board improvements

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Jakub B:
James,

I hate to hijack the thread, but in regards to bettering the forums / community, please make them 'better' for one, the moderators do not update their 'sticky' (example: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/572822) also I find it difficult that a user cannot 'private message' another user (for questions), they first have to ADD them as friend, to simply message them, there are a lot of things I see that need to be done to increase the transparancy for community members and make the forums more efficient. Why not turn this into a Q&A like stackoverflow / yahoo questions/answers.

/end thread hijack

Private messaging is coming in a future release (I believe the next one in fact, but not sure). Till then, yeah, you can't do it, and we hear you, I want this feature too emoticon

I'll go through and update the 'sticky' posts to ensure they are accurate.

As far as a Q&A like stackoverflow, currently you can mark posts as a question and subsequent posts as an anwser, but I know it's not the same thing as stackoverflow. Something like that (the KnowledgeBase) is available in Liferay 6 EE but liferay.com currently runs 5.2. We want to do the upgrade early next year as resourcing permits. Once that happens, then we can do this pretty easily.
thumbnail
Jakub B, modificado hace 13 años.

Junior Member Mensajes: 82 Fecha de incorporación: 12/08/09 Mensajes recientes
Thanks James, fair enough, I don't mean to hassle either, I was just frustrated last couple times trying to private message someone only to look around and not find something as standard as PM.

Looking forward to the updates, until then will do with what is at hand.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado hace 13 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1399 Fecha de incorporación: 17/09/10 Mensajes recientes
Cool, thanks for your understanding. I'm working on the sticky's now.
thumbnail
Alan Robertson, modificado hace 13 años.

New Member Mensajes: 19 Fecha de incorporación: 5/11/10 Mensajes recientes
My forum wishlist:

1. Automatically subscribe to a thread when I reply to it.
2. ALLOW SORTING SEARCH RESULTS BY DATE (create date or last post date)

If these are already possible and I'm missing something, please let me know.
thumbnail
Sergio González, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/10 Mensajes recientes
Hi Alan,

Regarding #1 it's already implemented in Liferay 6.0 and it depends on a portal.property that you can enable or disable and (if I'm not mistaken) it can also be configured from the configuration of the Message boards portlet. Now that Liferay.com is running on 6.0.x you can see when replying that there is a checkbox "Subscribe me" (although it's not selected by default)

Thanks!
Vy Nguyen, modificado hace 12 años.

New Member Mensajes: 3 Fecha de incorporación: 10/06/11 Mensajes recientes
I want to create a message board in Liferay Portal but I don't how to program in Liferay. Do you know some documents which show the way to program in Liferay (for example, Java how to program is the document which shows the way to program in Java)? Thanks.
thumbnail
Sergio González, modificado hace 12 años.

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 7/01/10 Mensajes recientes
You can take a look at the development section in liferay.com, specially: http://www.liferay.com/es/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/development

Regards
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado hace 13 años.

RE: More Message board improvements

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1313 Fecha de incorporación: 3/10/06 Mensajes recientes
FYI in the trunk there is LPS-12211

There is a contributed solution that's available for LR 5.2 & 6
Private Messaging Portlet

BTW I wouldn't like 14,691+ community members cluttering my mailbox with private messaging.
I would like to reserve this for 'Friends' and that's exactly what the wall is for except that the wall's messages are public. If only one could permission a wall's message.