Foros de discusión

Advanced Developer Training

thumbnail
Michael Poznecki, modificado hace 14 años.

Advanced Developer Training

Expert Mensajes: 301 Fecha de incorporación: 10/12/08 Mensajes recientes
Hello,
I would like to suggest that Liferay put together an advanced developer training session. I attended the developer training out in California, but now, a year later, I would like some more advanced training on developing in Liferay. Something that goes beyond "how to set up the EXT environment". Please let me know your thoughts and the feasibility of something like this.

Michael
thumbnail
Wilson Man, modificado hace 14 años.

RE: Advanced Developer Training

Liferay Master Mensajes: 581 Fecha de incorporación: 21/06/06 Mensajes recientes
i think that's an idea. What are some of the topics you are interested in learning?
thumbnail

Just off the top of my head:

Training should NOT spend any time in setup. Adv. developers should already have EXT environment set up for programming.

Spend some time learning how Liferay functions. (cookies, session vars, struts, etc.)

Learn about creating an advanced portlet. (small app. with database connectivity, multi-paged)

Learn about modifying Liferay. (change how user add portlets, change top dropdown, etc.)

Learn about dynamic themes. (add in variables to how theme looks)

I'll add more later...
thumbnail
Richard Sezov, modificado hace 14 años.

Regular Member Mensajes: 220 Fecha de incorporación: 7/02/07 Mensajes recientes
This is actually in our roadmap for next year (2010). I'm very glad to hear there would be interest in this; sometimes putting an offering out there is very much a "leap of faith" because you worry that there may be no interest.

Please keep the topic ideas coming!
thumbnail

Additional topics to consider:

LogFactoryUtil ???

Communication between EXT and Portlets? Portlet to Portlet?

Expandos ???