Foros de discusión

No class definition error when trying to change liferay language

Sérgio Miguel Neves Lopes, modificado hace 11 años.

No class definition error when trying to change liferay language

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 8/01/13 Mensajes recientes
I,

I'm facing some classpath issues with the liferay + tomcat bundle in an project I inherited. I don't know if the problem is in the setup (I only have the git repository that contains the plugins folder and it is a mess) and I downloaded the latest liferay with tomcat bundle. Liferay seems to work fine but the project is setup to be in Dutch, I needed to change the administration language to English but every time I try to do that tomcat throws a "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.codec.DecoderException".

I've confirmed that commons.codec.jar is in tomcat's WEB-INF/lib folder but I have no experience with tomcat or liferay and don't really know how to debug the issue, from what I could find in the searches I did most of the issue happen when the jar is missing but that is not my case. Any suggestions on how to solve the issue?

Regards,

Sérgio Lopes
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: No class definition error when trying to change liferay language

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 7942 Fecha de incorporación: 24/03/10 Mensajes recientes
Are you now using the out of the box liferay 6.1.1 GA2 tomcat bundle without any modifications? How are you trying to change your language? Is your liferay setup to support English?
Sérgio Miguel Neves Lopes, modificado hace 11 años.

RE: No class definition error when trying to change liferay language

New Member Mensajes: 2 Fecha de incorporación: 8/01/13 Mensajes recientes
Yes I'm using the out of the box liferay 6.1.1 with bundled tomcat, I change only the portal-ext.properties file to include my Liferay home and the mysql access settings.

The plugins folder is always obtained from the repository and I have to direct-deploy it to the server, then I access the administration interface, and in the portal settings I add the en language codes (it shows only nl_NL and nl_BE by default), then I save the changes and I have English as a possible choice. It updates the site interface (all site related strings available to users become english) but the admin interface is still in Dutch.

I then access the admin user's profile and try to set the language to English, but I noticed after posting that any setting I try to change in the profile just throws the same exception, initially since I was only trying to get the interface in English I wasn't trying any other settings.

I'm using OS X, and started with JDK 7, now I set my JDK to 6 as I read some posts in the forum about JDK 7 not being supported (they were 6 months old so no ideia if it still holds), don't know if that would affect.

Regards,

Sérgio Lopes

Stack traces tend to make post unreadable but maybe someone else will be able to extract useful info out this except:

Jan 8, 2013 12:48:27 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [Friendly URL Servlet - Private Group] in context with path [] threw exception [Servlet execution threw an exception] with root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.codec.DecoderException
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1711)
	at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1556)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.<init>(HttpMethodBase.java:220)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.ExpectContinueMethod.<init>(ExpectContinueMethod.java:93)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.EntityEnclosingMethod.<init>(EntityEnclosingMethod.java:119)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod.<init>(PostMethod.java:106)
	at com.eas.httpconector.ZohoConnector.updateContact(ZohoConnector.java:62)
	at com.eas.listener.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java:46)
	at com.eas.listener.UserListener.onAfterUpdate(UserListener.java:1)
	at com.liferay.portal.model.BaseModelListener.onAfterUpdate(BaseModelListener.java:1)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.bean.ClassLoaderBeanHandler.invoke(ClassLoaderBeanHandler.java:67)
	at $Proxy402.onAfterUpdate(Unknown Source)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.impl.BasePersistenceImpl.update(BasePersistenceImpl.java:264)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.impl.BasePersistenceImpl.update(BasePersistenceImpl.java:277)
	at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.UserLocalServiceImpl.updateUser(UserLocalServiceImpl.java:4721)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
	at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:122)
	(...)
</init></init></init></init>